Whether at home or in care, Preferred splinting material, by Norco, can be utilized by anyone with any experience level. This material can be modified multiple times without thinning. While offering Moderate Drape, Memory, and Rigidity, the Latex Free splinting material's Unique Powder Coating gives a tacky feel that helps hold the material in place and arrests the tendency of pulling or falling away that plagues other splinting materials. This versatile material has smooth, self-sealing cut edges that remain sealed even after reheating for modifications and retains its ability to Resist Stretching and Showing Strain. 1/8in Preferred can be used for nearly any splinting application: dynamic and static splinting, adult and pediatric positioning, and for post-burn and post-surgical care. 3/32in Preferred is thin and lightweight, yet strong, for forearm and hand-based splints and ideal for splints, post-operative splints, and pediatric splints. After softening in 160°F (71°C) water, 1/8in splinting material hardens in three to five minutes. Dry heating two surfaces will form a strong bond; gentle, smooth motions yield superior results. Choose between 1/8in (3.2mm) or 3/32in (2.4mm) thick in either smooth and perforated and be sure this splinting material will meet your needs. Sheets sold individually or in a case of 2 or 4.
Product Features & Benefits
- Minimum to moderate handling and resistance to stretching
- Moderate drape with only light to moderate pressure
- Contours are quick to form with minimum to moderate memory
- The unique powder coating helps hold the material in place
- A wet bond will hold firmly and can be pulled apart once cooled
- Smooth, self-sealing cut edges remain sealed even after reheating
- Can be modified multiple times without thinning
- Molded splints have a moderate rigidity
- Sizes: 1/8 in & 3/32 in
- Material: Latex Free
- Application: Splinting
- Manufacturer: North Coast Medical, Inc.
- Brand: Norco
- Product Number: NC12790-1, NC12790, NC12791, NC12793-1, NC12793, NC12792, NC12983-1, NC12983, NC12984-1, NC12984
- Additional Information
Manufacturer North Coast Medical
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!