Posey Gait Belts | Assorted Patterns
- Durable metal buckle
- Accommodates waists up to 51 inches
- Convenient and safe
- Available in a variety of colors and patterns
- Fast Delivery
- Easy Returns
|6528||54 Inch Length: Navy||Each||
|6528L||72 Inch Length: Navy||Each||
|6529L||72 Inch Length: Embroidered Southwest Theme||Each||
Out of stock
|6531||54 Inch Length: Pastel Bouquet||Each||
|6531L||72 Inch Length: Pastel Bouquet||Each||
|6555SPL||72 Inch Length: Spring||Each||
Posey Gait Belts are a great solution for patients or individuals who are ill or have weakness after surgery and need a simple "assist" in walking short distances. Ambulation assistance using the Posey™ Gait Belt provides a secure hold point to make assistance so much easier and provide the perfect assist. In addition, the belt makes the process more convenient and safer for the caregiver by preventing needless back injury and stiffness from loss of balance or an uncontrolled fall.
The Posey gait belts come in a variety of colors and patterns with a specially designed nickel-plated buckle for durability and maximum strength. The 2-Inch wide cotton belt accommodates waists up to 51 Inches. There's an additional lift upgrade where grip handles can be attached. The belt's two grip handles fit all two-Inch wide gait belts. Its ergonomically contoured soft touch and polymer handles provide a firmer vertical handhold position. This upgrade can support a weight capacity of 300 lbs per handle.
For heavier individuals needing a sturdier walking belt and also have a larger waist size up to 66 Inches, the Posey Economy Transfer Belt with Handles is another transfer option available for purchase with Vitality Medical.
Posey™ Gait Belts Features, Benefits, Specifications and Contraindications
Features and Benefits:
- Provides Secure Hold
- Comes in a Variety of Colors and Patterns
- Durable Metal Buckle
- Can Be Worn By Caregiver Until Needed
- Adds Extra Balance
- Prevents Falls
- Manufacturer: Posey
- Standard Length Size: 52 to 54 Inch Length
- Standard Width Size: 2 Inch
- Long Length Size: 70 Inch
- Long Width Size: 2 Inch
- Belt Material: Cotton
- Buckle: Metal Nickel-Plated
- Product Numbers: 6524 (L)(Q), 6525 (L), 65251 (L), 65252 (L), 6527 (L), 6528 (L), 6529 (L), 6530 (L), 6531 (L), 6549 (L)
Note: Specify standard or long when ordering. All long belts have an "L" at the end of the product SKU (i.e. POS6524L_ea) the 6524 model also has a Q option for the Quick-Release Buckle option.
How to Secure and Use the Belt
The belt is secured around the waist of the patient and held by the caregiver. Here are four simple steps to attach the Posey Belt:
- With the Posey label on the outside of the belt and the belt around the patient's waist, pass the metal tip of the Belt through the buckle and over the teeth of the buckle.
- Bring the tip of the Belt across the front of the buckle and slip it through the other side. Adjust it so it is snug, but not uncomfortable for the patient. You should be able to slip your open hand (flat) between the Belt and the patient.
- Strap should lay flat across the buckle. Tuck excess under the Belt. Always verify proper closure before use.
- Always grasp the transfer belt from underneath. Assist patients using your facility's approved procedures.