Customers Also Bought
What are Hygea Benzalkonium Chloride Antiseptic Wipes?
PDI Hygea Benzalkonium Chloride Antiseptic Towelettes are individually packaged disinfectant wipes that are an alcohol-free formula using 0.13% strength BZK to kill bacteria, viruses, and fungus. As a skin sanitizer, the wipe applies the topical solution to the skin. As it dries, the solution creates a protective seal over the skin. It can be used in a number of personal or medical professional applications. It is used to prepare the skin for surgery or a medical injection as well as sanitizing medical equipment.
The convenient antiseptic towelette (Professional Disposables D35185) is an excellent alternative skin disinfectant to standard alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers can dry the skin and sting if the hand has open cracks or cuts. Since the antiseptic wipes are alcohol-free, it's sting-free as well to not add additional trauma when cleaning scrapes and cuts before bandaging.
Bacteria Counts BZK vs. Ethanol-Alcohol
In a 2019 study, BZK was compared to its counterpart 70% ethanol hand sanitizer. The study showed BZK outperformed ethanol-based hand sanitizers in reducing bacterial colony counts, including a significant reduction of killing Staphylococcus aureus (staph). It also indicated better outcomes with inhibiting bacteria growth.1
What are BZK Towelettes Used for?
Features and Benefits
- Great for Cleaning Several Products
- Useful in Personal and Medical Settings
- Disinfects Surface Areas
- Effectively Kills Staph and Other Harmful Bacteria
- Disinfects without Drying Skin
- Sting-Free Formula
Frequently Asked Questions
Do BZK wipes expire?
Yes, although it is still safe to use, it may not be as effective. The chemical BZK is very stable and therefore it has a long shelf life of 3-5 years.
Is it safe to use on open wounds?
Yes, it is safe to apply to mucous membranes and open wounds.
Directions for Use
- Tear open the packet.
- Unfold the Towelette.
- Wipe over hands and make sure it is thoroughly applied so entire hands are wet.
- Let hands air dry. Do not wipe.
- Manufacturer: Professional Disposables
- Application: Sanitizing Skin Wipe
- Dimensions: 5 Inches x 7 Inches
- Scented: Yes
- Active Ingredient: Benzalkonium Chloride, 0.13% w/w
- Strength: .13 Percent
- Product Number: D35185
- CA Prop 65: Yes
- The wipe is intended for external use only.
- Discontinue use if the skin shows irritation or redness. Talk with a doctor if irritation persists after 72 hours.
- Do not apply the wipe to the eyes.
Manuals and Documents
- 1 Sidney Bondurant MD, Tanya McKinney PhD, Liza Bondurant PhD, Lisa Fitzpatrick MD, MPH, FIDSA" Evaluation of a benzalkonium chloride hand sanitizer in reducing transient Staphylococcus aureus bacterial skin contamination in health care workers." American Journal of Infection Control (2019)
- Additional Information