LungBoost is a respiratory training device used to improve lung function. The Lung Boost Respiratory Trainer, by Oximeter Plus, is designed to achieve four things for the patient: strengthen respiratory muscles, to breathe easier (and feel better), improve athletic performance, and to provide a programmable training program to improve in the quickest way possible.
This lung trainer provides Respiratory Muscle Training (RMT). RMT is a recognized way of gaining strength and endurance when coupled with a moderate weekly exercise like walking. The exercise strengthens the muscles that control inhalation and exhalation to ultimately get more air into your lungs.
The Lung Boost trainer is a system that is easy to set-up and follow. It comes with the main hand-held device, a mouthpiece and tube, connector, and 5 resistant cones. It will give the user two different breathing therapy programs to go through: endurance and strength training, which have a total of 30 different levels to achieve optimum breathing fitness and health.
To operate the device would require four simple steps
- On the hand-held device, choose to train either the endurance or strength mode
- Select a starting level
- Take a short break
- Breath into the mouthpiece
People Who Benefit from the Lung Boost Respiratory Trainer
- Athletes who want to gain an edge in their training and endurance.
- People who need to more breath singing or playing a wind instrument.
- People whose lungs were weakened by sickness or disease and has been given consent by their doctor for Spirometer training.
- Anyone who simply wants to benefit from bringing more air into their lungs.
Lung Boost Respiratory Training Features and Benefits
- The hand-held device has two training modes (endurance and strength) for the best in lung training.
- The hand-held device has a bold, easy-to-read digital face, that allows you to gauge your level of breathing force.
- Training with this device can help stave off sports and fitness workout fatigue.
- It includes five resistance levels for measured breath resistance.
- It is quick to get going and easy to assembly.
- The mouthpiece is easy to assemble and disassemble for cleaning with mild detergent and water.
- Oximeter Plus LungBoost Specifications
- Width: 70 mm.
- Height: 160 mm.
- Depth: 117 mm.
- Weight: 250 grams.
- Battery Type: 2 AA Batteries.
- Expected Battery Life: 1 year.
Lung Boost Additional Information
- LungBoost Flyer discusses how this respiratory device strengthens breathing muscles.
- Lung Boost Control provides a diagram of the control display and what function the control button serves.
- Oximeter Plus LungBoost Quick Guide helps new users set up an use there new MD8000 LungBoost.
- LungBoost User Guide offers use instructions, safety information, cleaning and maintenance guidelines and troubleshooting tips.
- Lung Boost Warranty details warranty policy by Oximeter Plus.
LungBoost Assembly Video (2:34 minutes)
LungBoost Endurance Mode Exhale Video (2:02 minutes)
LungBoost Endurance Mode Inhale Video (2:01 minutes)
LungBoost Strength Mode Exhale Video (2:02 minutes)
LungBoost Strength Mode Inhale Video (2:01 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Oximeter Plus
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsWould the oximeter plus lung boost help a person with chronic emphysema "COPD"?Question by: Carmella on Jun 16, 2015 1:40:00 PMWe do not employ any medical professionals and therefore cannot answer any specific questions regarding this item. It's best in this case to contact your physician for a clearer answer.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 8, 2016 3:10:00 PMIs there any memory for recording oxygen levels and can it be printed out on the computer?Question by: nancy Poe on Mar 30, 2015 12:39:00 PMHello Mrs. Poe: This is not an item we carry in our warehouse and therefore cannot accurately answer that question. It's best to contact the manufacturer for a clearer answer.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jul 13, 2016 4:05:00 PM