When lifting your foot is exhausting, let the WalkOn Flex carry you through. Ottobock manufactures a variety of advanced orthoses using technology that returns a dynamic gait and increases walking speed. The WalkOn Flex ankle foot orthosis is designed for individuals with light to moderate foot drop related to injury or stroke or from conditions such as multiple sclerosis and neural muscle atrophy.
The orthosis is made of composite carbon adding durability with a very slim and lightweight design. It provides a smooth rollover in the heel and forefoot and the medial strut prevents supination. The carbon technology stores the energy in the spring in the beginning gait phase and transfers it during the swing phase so less energy exertion is required.
The orthosis offers an anatomical left and right fitting and can be trimmed with scissors for a secure fit. It's inserted directly into a shoe and attached to the leg with a calf band. A specialized shoe is not required. Any stable shoe with laces will work. The Calf Band comforts your calf when walking. Protects against the constant contact of the WalkOn against your calf.
Foot abnormalities requiring a corrective insole can be used on top of the orthosis. You may be interested in BioSole Gel Thin-Line Orthotic Insoles for anatomical arch support helpful in arch support and relive pressure on heel for all-around comfort for your feet.
Features and Benefits:
- Restores Dynamic and Physiological Gait
- Easy Donning and Doffing
- Footpad is Trimable
- Lightweight & Slim Construction
- Carbon Reduces Energy Expenditure
- Increases Walking Speed
- Low Profile Clearance
- Prevents Foot Slap
- Promotes Natural Heel Strike
- Manufacturer: Ottobock
- Quantity: Each
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Material: Pre-impregnated Carbon Composite
- Weight Capacity: No Max Range
- HCPCS Codes: L1951
- Application: Ankle Foot Orthosis
- Item Number Series: 28U22
- Item Numbers: 28U22=L36-39, 28U22=R36-39, 28U22=L39-42, 28U22=R39-42, 28U22=L42-45, 28U22=R42-45, 28U22=L45-48, 28U22=R45-48
- Individuals with light to moderate foot drop from dorsiflexion weakness with mild to moderate spasticity.
- Not suitable for individuals with weak ankle or mild impairment or no motor control of knee, leg ulcers or foot deformities.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!