Customers Also Bought
Nutricia Duocal Super Soluble Powder Overview
Duocal Super Soluble Nutritional Powder is a Medical Food formulated for children with calorie needs. Manufactured by Nutricia, Duocal is a high calorie, but protein-free Nutrition Supplement. This Nutrition Supplement can be added to foods or beverages whenever additional calories are needed. By adding Duocal to foods that children already enjoy, nutrition compliance is easier to attain. Duocal is unflavored and mixes well with food or beverage. Duocal is the best calorie dense nutrition supplement your child will never taste!
Duocal Features & Benefits
- Super soluble.
- Appropriate for children through to adults.
- Appropriate for oral and tube feeding.
- Appropriate for children with milk protein allergy.
- High calorie - 42 calories/Tablespoon.
- 1 gram contributes approximately 0.93 mOsm when added to a solution.
- Neutral flavor to encourage patience compliance.
- Simple to use; Duocal powder is completely soluble and mixes easily in liquids
- and moist foods.
- No added volume.
- Children may continue to enjoy the nutrition of regular foods.
- Duocal Product Number: 118262.
- Size: 400 Gram/14 Ounce.
- Container: Can.
- Flavor: Unflavored.
- Calories Per Serving: 49.
- Preparation: Ready-to-mix.
- Osmolality (1:3 dilution): 310 mOsm/kg.
- PRSL of less than 0.017 mOsm/g.
- Energy distribution:
- Carbohydrate 59%
- Fat (MCT 35% / LCT 65%) 41%
- Displacement 0.77 mL/g.
- Milk-protein free.
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: Duocal.
- UNSPSC Code: 42231802
- HCPCS Code: B4155.
Conditions where a high energy, low fluid, low electrolytes diet is indicated.
Protein restricted diets.
Disorders of protein and amino acid metabolism.
Catabolic states (e.g. burns, trauma, post-operative stress).
Suitable for oral and tube feedings.
Duocal Nutritional Ingredients
Hydrolyzed Cornstarch, Blend of Refined Vegetable Oils (Corn, Coconut), Medium Chain Triglycerides (Fractionated Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil), Mono and Diglycerides, Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Monoglycerides.
Duocal Nutritional Facts
Per 10 g
Intake to be determined by a medical professional and is dependent on the age, body
weight and medical condition of the patient.
For oral or tube feeding
1. Measure the prescribed amount of Super Soluble Duocal.
2. Add powder to the required volume of liquid and/or soft food and stir continuously until the powder has dissolved.
3. Unused foods mixed with Duocal should be refrigerated and used within 24 hours.
4. Shake or stir immediately before serving.
Proper Storage and Handling
Store unopened can at room temperature. Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool dry place (not in a refrigerator) and use within one month.
- Additional Information