Other Nutren product(s)
Nutren 1.5, manufactured by Nestle Healthcare Nutrition, is a Feeding Tube Nutrition formula. This Nutritional Formula is high in calories, so that it suits the body’s needed caloric intake. This formula is safe to use for long term feeding, because of the balanced nutrition it contains. This Nutritional Support is designed for kosher, celiac, or lactose intolerant individuals. However, these nutritional supplements contain whey from milk. These can supplement a solid diet or use specifically in a feeding tube.
Nutren 1.5 Features and Benefits
- Calorically dense for increased energy requirements and/or restricted fluid volume.
- Nutritionally complete formula for tube feeding or oral supplementation.
- 50% MCT to decrease potential for fat malabsorption.
- Closed system with SpikeRight® PLUS port, the first available proximal-end enteral connector system designed to be incompatible with IV equipment.
- Balanced Nutrition for Long Term Feeding.
- Low Residue for Easy Clean-Up of any Spills.
Nutren 1.5 Specifications
- Product Number: 9871616220, 9871626354.
- Size: 250 mL or 1000 mL.
- Flavor Options: Vanilla or Unflavored..
- Container Options: Tetra Prisma® or SpikeRight® PLUS UltraPak® Bag.
- kcal/mL: 1.5
- Caloric Distribution (% of kcal):
- Protein: 16%
- Carbohydrate: 44%
- Fat: 40%
- Protein Source: calcium-potassium caseinate.
- NPC:N Ratio: 131:1.
- MCT:LCT Ratio: 50:50.
- n6:n3 Ratio: 4.3:1
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg water):
- Unflavored: 430.
- Vanilla: 510
- Water: 76%
- Meets 100% RDI for 20 key micronutrients: 1000 mL.
- Application: Oral Nutrition Supplement/Tube Feeding Formula.
- Protein Derived From: calcium-potassium caseinate.
- Manufacturer: Nestle Healthcare Nutrition.
- UNSPSC Code: 42231803.
- HCPCS: B4152
Nutren 1.5 Ingredients
Water, Maltodextrin, Calcium-Potassium Caseinate (From Milk), Medium Chain Triglycerides (From Coconut and/or Palm Kernel Oil), Canola Oil, and less than 2% of Corn Oil, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Citrate, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Citric Acid, Choline Chloride, Sodium Ascorbate, Magnesium Oxide, Carrageenan, Sodium Citrate, Taurine, L-Carnitine, Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Selenate, Phytonadione, Vitamin B12.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Nestle Sub Brand Nutren
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsI have some boxes for 24 nutren 1.5; it says it needs to be used by January 2017
Is it already expired or we can used today, Septemeber 09, 2017. Can I exchange the product?Question by: Ivonne ravega on Sep 9, 2017 12:37:00 PMThe manufacturer does not recommend using the product passed the use-by date listed. We do not offer an exchange program for this item; it's best to contact the manufacturer.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 11, 2017 9:12:00 AMHow many kcal she in 50 cc feeding?Question by: Berty on Jun 15, 2017 2:00:00 PMThere is 1.5 kcal/cc available; therefore a 50 cc feeding will yield 75 kcal.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 16, 2017 8:40:00 AMHow long after opening Nutren 1.5 250 ml will it stay fresh and good to serveQuestion by: Bonnie Johnson on Jan 21, 2017 9:48:00 PMNo more than 24 hours, according to the manufacturer.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 8, 2017 10:39:00 AMafter opening the 1000 bag how long before you must disgard?Question by: julie on May 2, 2015 6:00:00 AMThis item can be stored for a short period of time after opening; however since we are not the manufacturer it's best to contact them regarding the shelf life of the product after opening.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jul 25, 2016 3:24:00 PM
My son can't digest this. No enzymes to break down food left in him. He throws it up. Looking for new product.