Customers Also Bought
VIVONEX Plus is a high-nitrogen, very low fat, elemental (100% free amino acids) diet for total enteral nutrition. Additional free glutamine (10 g/L), enhanced arginine and branched-chain amino acid contents make it especially useful in stressed, catabolic patients. Vivonex Plus may be used post-operatively as an enteral alternative to TPN and may also benefit patients with gastrointestinal impairment. Each 2.8 oz. dry packet (79.5 g of Vivonex Plus powder), when reconstituted with 250 mL water, delivers 300 mL of formula.
Vivonex Plus Features and Benefits
- 100% free amino acids for severely compromised GI tracts
- 6% of calories from fat for improved tolerance and reduced pancreatic stimulation
- Glutamine, arginine and branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) content make it especially useful in stressed, catabolic patients
- Requires minimal digestive functionality for assimilation while providing benefits associated with continued use of the GI tract
- Can be used for tube feeding or oral supplementation
- Appropriate for lactose-free, gluten-free, low-residue and kosher diets.
Vivonex Plus Specifications
- Vivonex Plus Product Numbers: 07129800, 071298.
- Size: 2.8 Ounce.
- kcal/mL: 1.0.
- Caloric Distribution (% of kcal)
- Protein: 18%
- Carbohydrate: 76%
- Fat: 6%
- Protein Source: free amino acids (30% from BCAA)
- NPC:N Ratio: 115:1
- n6:n3 Ratio: 7.0:1
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg water): 650
- Water: 83%
- Meets 100% RDI for 24 key micronutrients: 1800 mL
- L-glutamine: 9.5 g/L
- L-arginine: 6.3 g/L
- Packaging: Powder Packets.
- Manufacturer: Nestle.
- Brand: Vivonex Plus.
- HCPCS code: B4153.
Boost Nutritional Support
- Severely impaired GI function:
- Severe protein, fat malabsorption
- Transitional feeding
- Extensive bowel resection
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Select trauma/surgery
- Early post-operative feeding
- Intestinal failure
- Trophic feeding
- TPN alternative
- Dual feeding with TPN
NOT FOR PARENTERAL USE
This product is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision.
It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR USE IN INDIVIDUALS 0-3 YEARS OLD.
Maltodextrin (from Corn), L-Glutamine, Modified Cornstarch, L-Leucine, L-Arginine Acetate, Soybean Oil and less than 2% of Magnesium Gluconate, L-Lysine Acetate, Calcium Glycerophosphate, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Phenylalanine, Sodium Citrate, L-Threonine, Potassium Citrate, L-Cysteine Hydrochloride, Citric Acid, L-Methionine, L-Tyrosine, L-Histidine Hydrochloride, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Proline, L-Tryptophan, Disodium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Bitartrate, L-Serine, L-Alanine, Glycine, Ascorbic Acid, Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids, Taurine, L-Carnitine, Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate and BHA and BHT and Tocopherols (To Maintain Freshness), Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Vitamin A Palmitate, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Gluconate, Vitamin D3, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulfate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Phytonadione, Vitamin B12.
- Additional Information