Renalcal is a Nutritional Supplement for adults used for renal failure patients. Renalcal is a calorie dense, ready-to-use formula for fluid management, low protein and low electrolyte diets. Manufactured by Nestle, Renalcal consists of a blend of 67% essential and 33% non-essential L-amino acids to support positive nitrogen balance. Renalcal is also useful for minimizing uremic symptoms. Arginine is included in the formula to reduce the potential of hyperammonemia and histidine—two essential elements in renal failure. Renalcal is high in MCT content to decrease potential fat mal-absorption. Renalcal may be used for orally or for tube feeding.
Renalcal Nutritional Supplement Features & Benefits
- Patented blend of 67% essential and 33% non-essential L-amino acids to support positive nitrogen balance and to help minimize uremic symptoms.
- Includes arginine to reduce the potential for hyperammonemia.
- Includes histidine, considered essential in renal failure.
- High calorie-to-nitrogen ratio to help maintain protein utilization for lean muscle mass.
- High MCT content to decrease potential fat mal-absorption.
- 70:30 MCT:LCT ratio to decrease potential for fat mal-absorption.
- May be used for short-term tube feeding or oral supplementation.
Renalcal Nutritional Supplement Specifications
- PFD 2 Nutrition Supplement Product Number: 9871616064, 2L6064.
- Size Options: 250 mL.
- Container: Can or Tetra Prisma Carton.
- Calories Per Serving: 500.
- Flavor: Unflavored.
- Application: Medical Nutrition, Tube Feeding or Oral Supplement.
- Preparation: Ready-to-use.
- Users: Adults.
- kcal/mL: 2.0
- Caloric Distribution (% of kcal)
- Protein: 7%
- Carbohydrate: 58%
- Fat: 35%
- Protein Source: whey protein concentrate, amino acid blend
- NPC:N Ratio: 300:1
- MCT:LCT Ratio: 70:30
- n6:n3 Ratio: 3.4:1
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg water): 600
- Water: 70%
- Meets 100% RDI for 9 water soluble vitamins: 1000 mL
- Lactose-intolerant compatible diet.
- Not for individuals with galactosemia.
- Manufacturer: Mead Johnson.
- UNSPSC Code: 42231803.
- HCPCS Code: B4154.
Renalcal Nutrition Supplement Ingredients
Water, Maltodextrin, Medium Chain Triglycerides (from Coconut and/or Palm Kernel Oil) and less than 2% of Canola Oil, Whey Protein Concentrate (from Milk), Cornstarch, L-Valine, Corn Oil, L-Arginine, L-Histidine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Isoleucine, Soy Lecithin, Glycine, L-Threonine, L-Alanine, Citric Acid, L-Proline, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tryptophan, L-Serine, Ascorbic Acid, L-Carnitine, Taurine, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin B12.
Renalcal Nutrition Supplement Nutrition
250 mL (1 Can)
Total Fat (g):
Total Carbohydrate (g):
Vitamin C (mg):
Vitamin B6 (mg):
Folic Acid (mcg):
Vitamin B12 (mcg):
Pantothenic Acid (mg):
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!