Mesalt, by Molnlycke Healthcare, is an exceptional wound debrider that utilizes sodium choloride, or common salt, as a means of absorbing the moisture and discharge of a wound. It is provided by a renown brand that prides itself on creating exceptional quality wound management products.
Mesalt absorbers are designed to cleanse wounds that have moderate to heavy discharge and is especially useful for infected wounds. The salt that is impregnated into the dressing reinforces the ability to absorb the discharge as well discourages bacterial growth. It is only meant for wounds that have active discharge and are typically in an inflammatory state. Example wound types are such things as pressure sores and surgical wounds that have a fairly substantial depth to them.
Mesalt is made of absorbent, viscose/polyester fabric that is non-woven to make application and removal easy and painless. The material is simply applied directly or rolled out and cut to fit. A secondary dressing is recommended to affix the dressing to the wound.
Mesalt Features and Benefits
- The debrider will help absorb exudate and remove the slough within the wound.
- The impregnated salt bolsters the absorbent effect for quicker discharge removal.
- It will effectively treat moderate to heavy discharging wounds.
- The dressing is easy to apply, the material is simply applied directly or rolled out and cut to fit..
- It is made of non-woven, viscose/polyester material to make removal easier.
- The impregnated salt has anti-microbial properties.
- Product Numbers: 285299, 258580, 285780, 286099
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- Wound Dressing Type: Debrider/Absorber
- Wound Types Treated: Wounds with Moderate to Heavy Exudate
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product Questionswhat is causing the mesalt to adhere to a wound that is fairly highly exudatingQuestion by: noreen jennings on Jan 29, 2016 9:26:31 PMWe do not employ any medical professionals and therefore cannot answer any specific questions regarding items sold. It's best in this case to contact the manufacturer of the product for further details.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Sep 12, 2016 2:45:00 PM