Other Mepitel product(s)
Mepital One is a soft silicone wound contact dressing that minimizes pain and trauma associated with dressing changes. This wound dressing can remain in place for up to 14 days, allowing undisturbed wound healing and lower costs. Mepital One is constructed with two layers. The first layer is a Safetac Layer that will not adhere to the moist wound bed but will adhere to dry skin. This layer seals the wound margins and reduces the risk of maceration. The second layer is a polyurethane net which allows good drainage of exudate and the application of topical treatment. This net layer provides high transparency.
Mepital One is designed for the management of a wide range of exuding wounds such as painful wounds, skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical incisions, partial thickness burns, traumatic wounds, blistering, lacerations, partial and full thickness grafts, radiated skin, leg and foot ulcers. It can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds and on areas with fragile skin. Mepitel One is convenient to work with even while wearing gloves. It adheres quickly, gently and securely – saving time and minimizing patient discomfort.
Note: If Mepitel One is used on Epidermolysis Bullosa patients, employ extra surveillance at dressing changes. Adhesion level of Mepitel One is somewhat higher than of Mepitel.
Mepitel One Features & Benefits
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes.
- Can remain in place for up to 14 days which in turn ensures undisturbed wound healing
- Enables less frequent dressing changes
- Minimizes the risk of maceration
- Maintained product properties over time – leaves no residues and does not dry out
- Transparent for easy wound inspection during application and during wear
- Conforms well to body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear
- Stays in place
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Molnlycke Sub Brand Mepitel
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!