Other Mepilex product(s)
Molnlycke Healthcare's Mepilex Transfer Dressing is a is thin and conformable wound dressing which ensures direct contact to the wound and the surrounding skin. The Safetac soft silicone layer in this Melpolex wound dressing seals around the wound. The foam structure of Mepilex Transfer allows the exudate to move into the absorbent pad. Mepilex Transfer maintains a moist wound environment in combination with an appropriate secondary dressing. When it transfers the exudate away from the wound this dressing helps the healing environment by minimizing the risk of maceration—when the tissues become soft and engorged with liquid.
The Molnlycke Healthcare Mepilex Transfer Dressing can be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds or large areas with fragile skin. It is commonly used for Venous leg ulcers. Mepilex Transfer is designed for a wide range of exuding and difficult-to-dress wounds.
- Available in 6x8" or 8x20" sizes
- Very convenient and conformable for difficult-to-dress wounds
- Transfers exudate away from the wound
- Conforms well to body contours
- Can be cut to shape
- Promotes patient comfort during wear
- Can be used under compression
- Atraumatic to the wound and surrounding skin on removal
- Cost-effective because it can remain in place for several days for undisturbed wound healing
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Molnlycke Sub Brand Mepilex
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Holes become easily clogged