Other Mepilex product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Mepilex Transfer Ag Soft Silicone Antimicrobial Dressing is an effective wound treatment dressing specifically designed to treat both low and high exuding wounds. This surgical dressing is particularly designed with the patient in mind to minimize stress, pain, and infection during wound changes. This wound treatment dressing successfully transfers exudate to a second layer while simultaneously preventing microbial growth to allow for a complete, pain-free and undisturbed healing experience.
Mepilex Transfer Ag Dressing is a surgical dressing specifically designed as a trauma-free transfer dressing. Although many wounds can be hard to dress, this flexible dressing fits and conforms to even the hardest-to-dress wounds. This wound dressing employs a rapid antimicrobial effect within just 30-minutes and sustains this antimicrobial effect for up to 14 days. By inactivating a broad range of microorganisms, this multi-faceted wound dressing effectively minimizes the chances of infection while significantly reducing pain at the wound site.
Instructions on How to Use Transfer Ag Dressing
- First, the wound should be cleansed along with the surrounding skin. This primary Ag dressing may be cut to fit the wound or the shape of the application area.
- Second, remove protective film and apply the adherent side to the wound. Provide 1/2 to 2 inch overlap on surrounding skin. Do not attempt to stretch the dressing.
- Third, apply a secondary dressing that offers absorbency and that will keep the primary dressing in place.
- Fourth, use a tubular or other fixation device to keep everything in place.
- Lastly, change the dressing every 14 days or sooner as needed.
You may also be interested in similar wound treatment dressings, such as Restore Silver Calcium Alginate Dressing. More information about When to Use Different Types of Wound Dressings and Wound Healing FAQ's can be viewed by clicking the links.
- Low to medium exuding wounds
- Traumatic wound care
- Partial thickness burn wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Foot ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Sugical incisions
- Malignant wounds
- Donor sites
- Do not use upon patients sensitive to silver
- Do not use during radiation treatments or testing
- Not for use with oxidizing agents like hypclorite or hydrogen peroxide
Product Features and Benefits
- Advanced Safetac technology
- Reduces tissue trauma, patient stress and pain during wound changes
- Effectively transfers exudite to a second layer
- Offers sustained antimicrobial effect
- Swiftly inactivates a broad range of microorganisms, resulting in reduced risk of infection over an extended time period
- Employs a rapid antimicrobial effect within 30 days and sustains this antimicrobial effect for up to 14 days
- May be cut-to-fit wound size or difficult to dress contours of the body
- Soft and comfortable
- May be used under compression
- Seals wound margin
- Easy application and removal
- Width Options: 4, 6 or 8 Inch
- Length Options: 5, 8 or 20 Inch
- Dressing Type: Ionic Silver Ag
- Active Antimicrobial Agent: Silver
- Dressing Change Frequency: 14 days
- HCPCS Code: A6210
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- Product should be used under the supervision of a medical professional
- May cause transient discoloration of the wound bed
- Do not use during radiation therapy
- Aviod contact with electrodes or conductive gels
- For external use only
Manuals and Documents
- Product Brochure provides a summary of the features and benefits of this antimicrobial dressing.
How to Apply to Thigh Video (0:42 minutes)
How to Apply to Elbow Video (0:23 minutes)
How to Apply to Hands Video (0:52 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsWhich side goes on the wound...the sticky side?Question by: M.Mann on Sep 22, 2019 8:09:00 AMThe side beneath the removable backing should make contact with the wound.Answer by: Jason Glover (Admin) on Sep 23, 2019 11:38:00 AM