Other Mepilex product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Molnlycke Mepilex Border Sacrum Dressing with Safetac Tecnology can be used for prevention or treatment of sacral wounds. It has been proven to work as part of a system in preventing pressure ulcers. It also protects the skin from friction and tearing while maintaining an optimal microclimate for the skin. Be sure to carefully inspect the skin under the dressing, or have your doctor inspect it, daily.
If you or your patient has a pressure ulcer or other exuding wound in the sacral area, the Mepilex sacrum dressing can be applied to help healing. Some additional considerations may need to be taken if you or your patient has fecal incontinence. These include, but are not limited to, placement of the containment or management device in relation to the dressing, applying a liquid skin barrier outside of the Mepilex border dressing, and applying strip paste, especially in areas closest to the anus.
In addition, these dressings can be customized for the best fit by cutting notches or slits in the border of the dressing. This can help the dressing apply smoother. Depending on the size of the sacral wound, you will want to use the Mepilex border sacrum 7.2 x 7.2 inch or the Mepilex border sacrum 9.2 x 9.2 inch for larger wounds.
Molnlycke Health Care Mepilex Border Sacrum Features, Benefits and Specifications
Features and Benefits
- Mepilex Border is proven to help prevent pressure ulcers when used in addition with the standard pressure ulcers prevention protocols
- Safetac technology minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- All-in-one dressing for chronic wounds such as pressure ulcers
- Offers a combination of excellent fluid handling capacity and retention for effective exudate management with less risk of maceration
- Product Numbers: 282055, 282400
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- Sizes: 6.3 x 7.9 Inches; 8.7 x 9.8 Inches
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!