Melgisorb, by Molnlycke, is an Calcium Sodium Alginate dressing to help heal a number of different wound types with its unique properties of absorption and promotion of moist wound environment. The dressing is designed to lay neatly over or within the wound bed and peel gently off, making the process less painful for the patient.
This alginate dressing absorbs exudate and rapidly turns into a gel to provide a moist environment for wound healing to take place. For shallow wounds a flat dressing is preferred -- a size that matches the area of the wound bed. If treating a deep wound, cavity dressing is required to loosely pack into the wound. Melgisorb can be left in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound or as instructed by a doctor or clinician.
Melgisorb is secured to the wound by using a secondary dressing. Molnycke offers Alldress dressing as a securing means and a secondary component to help accomplish proper wound care management. Compression therapy can also be used in conjunction with Melgisorb dressing.
Make note Melgisorb is not recommended for dry wounds, third-degree burns or surgical implantations.
Megisorb Features and Benefits
- The wound dressing will turn to gel and maintain a moist environment within the wound.
- It is designed to lay neatly over or within the wound bed and peel gently off with minimal pain.
- They can treat surface wounds and deep wounds.
- It can be left in place for several days, depending on a doctor's recommendation.
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- 2 x 2 Inch
- 4 x 4 Inch
- 6 x 6 Inch
- 8 x 12 Inch
- 1.2 x 18 Inch
- Dressing Type: Alginate Absorber
- Product Numbers: 255050, 255100, 255150, 255200, 255600
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!