Customers Also Bought
The Medspec ASO Speed Lacer Ankle Brace is a reliable Orthopedic Support Device for use during instances of ankle instability or sprain. A wraparound, straight lace strap design makes it easy to put on, adjust for stability and comfort, and take back off again. Figure-eight stability straps re-create the wrapping-technique and advantages of taping, but with much more stability than taping can provide. This product is made from durable nylon and elastic straps that make it form-fitting and easy to fit into any shoe type. Each Ankle Support Device is also reusable and works for both the left and the right foot. A close fit also helps prevent it from uncomfortable and inconvenient slipping and bunching. The Speed Lacer is machine washable, so it is extra easy to upkeep and clean. This Speed Lacer brace is athletic medicine specialist, sports trainer, and orthopedic surgeon preferred. It is also made and checked for quality in the United States. Braces are sold-individually.
What Does an ASO Ankle Brace Do?
The ASO Speed Lacer ankle stabilizer helps inhibit ankle extension and flexion while remaining flexible for user comfort. This creates ankle support and stability, provides mild compression, and may reduce pain.
- Ankle Intability (Lateral or Medial)
- Ankle Sprain
- Subtalar (Talocalcaneal) Joint Instability
How to Size an ASO Ankle Speed Lacer Stabilization Ankle Brace
Measure around the heel and top of the foot with flexible measuring tape. Refer to the diagram below. The Speed Lacer can be used on either foot.
How to Put On a Medspec ASO Speed Lacer Ankle Brace
- Put on socks for comfortable wear.
- Unfasten all Speed Lacer laces and straps.
- Insert the injured foot into the brace boot.
- Pull each lace strap across the boot and attach them snuggly to each side. Ensure that they are snug enough to create structural support.
- Wrap one of the back figure-eight stabilizing straps around the front of the brace and across the top of the foot.
- Wrap this same figure-eight strap underneath the heel.
- Attach the figure-eight strap's end to the boot's side.
- Repeat steps five through seven with the remaining, unwrapped figure-eight stabilizing strap.
- Rest the wrapped foot flat on the floor.
- Pull on the finger loops at the end of each figure-eight strap and detach them from the boot. Resecure them so the straps fit snuggly and give a proper amount of support.
- Wrap the elastic cuff closures around the front of the boot and secure it. For maximum support, wrap it so the ASO logo is forward-facing.
How to Wash an ASO Ankle Brace Speed Lacer
Note: Do not bleach this item. Do not use an electric drying to dry it.
- Attach all of the straps to the brace boot.
- If using a washing machine, set the cycle to "gentle."
- Use a mild detergent and warm water to wash by hand or washing machine.
- Rinse the brace until all soap is removed.
- Air dry.
Speed Lacer Warning
- Speed Lacer is made for single-patient use. It should not be used by more than one patient.
- Contact a health care provider immediately if swelling or pain increases or any abnormal reaction occurs.
- This product provides stability, but it does not guarantee injury prevention.
- Champion Joint Hot and Cold Compress: An attachable hot and cold ankle wrap compress iwht Therma-Kool technology for light compression and pain relief.
- 3M Nexcare Hot/Cold Pack: A reusable cold and hot compress pack that comes with a protective sleeve.
- Sunmark Ibuprofen: A 100 tablet bottle of 200 milligram Ibuprofin pills. A great option for pain relief and inflammation reduction.
- Champion Figure-8 Support: An elastic, figure-eight style ankle support. This device is made to provide support, light compression, and pain relief.
- DJ Orthopedics Lace-Up Brace: A classic canvas, lace-up-style ankle brace with removable lateral and medial stays.
- Swede-O EASY LOK Brace: A white vinyl laminate and foam ankle brace with easy-fasten horizontal straps.
Manuals and Documents
- Speed LacerBrochure contains product details.
- Speed Lacer Manual contains use and care instructions.
- Hunter, Monte. The ASO: The Leader Stays Steps Ahead.
- Additional Information