Customers Also Bought
Why Choose Medline Leg Bags?
Medline Leg Bags are urological products made to be used in conjunction with a Catheter for urine collection. These durable urine bags are made of latex-free vinyl and have sterile fluid pathways. Both include anti-flux valves to prevent backflow and backflow caused infections. They also both come with attached elastic leg straps. These bags come in two drain-type varieties. Drain styles include twist valve and slide tap drainage ports. The Medline Twist Valve Leg Bags are easily twisted open for a simple emptying process, while the slide tap slides open for equal ease of use. The slide tap comes with fabric backing to promote patient comfort. These items come in several sizes so they can be customized for individual needs.
Leg bags like these Medline Catheter Leg Bags are designed for users who can ambulate and are not designed for bed or overnight use. Wheelchair users may also be better off using regular drain bags, such as the Bardia Closed System Drain Bag because they can be attached to the wheelchair itself instead of a leg, but this will depend on the user's preference.
Which Medline Leg Bag is Right for My Needs?
How do you wear a urine bag on your leg?
Leg bags can be positioned either on the calf or the thigh, depending on preference. Attaching one to the calf requires longer extension tubing, which can interfere with daily activities. However, it can be more difficult to keep them in place when attached to the thigh. These bags in particular attach via pre-attached elastics.
Can the user sleep with the catheter leg bag on?
Sleeping with a leg bag is not recommended.
How often should a leg bag be changed?
Leg bags should be changed at least once a week. Speak to a doctor for instruction regarding your specific case.
- BARDIA Foley Catheter: A well-reviewed latex foley catheter. This item is coated in hydrophobic silicone elastic polymer to reduce irritation.
- Carefix CarePocket: A leg bag holster that attaches to the thigh and can be used day and night. This item comes in four sizes.
- Dale Hold-N-Place: A popular foley catheter holder that comes in adhesive patch, legband, waistband, and urodynamic variations.
- Medline Urinary Drainage Bags: Because leg bags can typicallyonly be used during the day time, these anti-reflux drain bags are the perfect complementary item for overnight use.
- Squeezer Klip Incontinence Klamp: A penile clamp for incontinence control. This product is designed for male comfort.
- Surgilube Lubricating Jelly: Sterile lubrications gel that can be used for catheter insertion.
- Manufacturer: Medline
- Item Numbers: DYND12574, DYND12574H, DYND12578, DYND12578H, DYND12588, DYND12588H, DYND12584, DYND12584H, DYND12582
- Application: Urinary Care
- Type: Leg Bag
- Styles: Slide Tap or Twist Valve
- Material: Vinyl or Vinyl and Fabric
- Color: Clear/Translucent
- Fluid Capacity: 600, 900, or 1100 mL
- Anti-Reflux: Yes
- Sterile Fluid Pathway: Yes
- Latex-Free: Yes
- HCPCS Code: A4358
Manuals and Documents
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
- FAQ Sheet contains answers to frequently asked questions and directions.
- Product Catalog Page displays product details.
- Medline Urinary Products Catalog contains details about the manufacturer's line of urinary products.
- HCPCS Coding for DYND12574 contains DYND12574 HCPCS data.
- HCPCS Coding contains HCPCS info.
- HCPCS Letter contains reimbursement coding letter.
This Is Medline (1:39 minutes)
Urology Division: Advanced Technology & Quality (3:40 minutes)
- United Kingdom National Health Service. Living with a Urinary Catheter. 2020.
- Additional Information