Customers Also Bought
When you need traction on a leg, the Bucks Universal Traction Boot (Medline ORT31100) is an economical option. Four straps with hook and loop fasteners make this device adjustable to fit girths up to twenty inches and limbs of many shapes. Removable aluminum stays make it easier to put it on. The inside is convoluted foam for better comfort and fewer pressure points.
The Bucks Traction Boot comes with an attached six-inch spreader bar. This bar distributes the pull of the weight evenly to both sides so that the leg remains straight. That helps with the pain.
Bucks Traction Boot Application
- Put the traction device around the leg.
- Tighten the straps so that the boot will not slip.
- Make sure there is still good blood flow.
- Align the toes and knee with the hip and point them toward the ceiling.
- Attach a weight.
- Elevate the foot of the bed.
- Undo the straps..
- Remove the boot.
- Assess skin and leg for damage, swelling, etc.
- Wash and dry the leg.
- Replace the boot, strapping from the toes to the nose.
- Make sure the rope is at a ninety-degree angle.
- Hang the weight over the foot of the bed.
How Does Hook and Loop Construction Work?
- Tiny nylon hooks catch small loops, creating a tight connection.
- Easily adjustable to fit various sizes.
- It closes with minimal effort.
- It aids in quick removal.
- A quick tug opens the fastener.
- Additional Information