Customers Also Bought
The PressureGuard® Easy Air Mattress Coverlet, by Span America, is the purple cover that goes over the Easy Air Mattress. The cover presents several properties that pertain to user safety, most notably, to prevent the development of bed sores and skin maceration. Since the mattress underneath has what is called the low air loss system to prevent maceration (breakdown of the skin), the coverlet has a few properties that help this preventative process.
This air bed coverlet's central property is to prevent the development of sores for those who are bedridden or have to spend an extended time in bed. The coverlet material and design works to prevent skin maceration by both wicking away moisture and help preventing shear forces against the skin when the body extremities and lifted or lowered -- or simple everyday body movement that causes friction.
The PressureGuard® Easy Air Mattress has an air delivery system that passes air through the outer layer of the mattress, which also brings air through the coverlet. When body moisture enters the coverlet, the passing air underneath will sweep the moisture vapor away before it can reform as a liquid. This eliminates a moist environment that leads to skin maceration -- especially effective near the lower back.
The anti-sheer features are put into three location bands on the coverlet sheet: beneath the scapula, lower back and buttocks (sacrum), and heels. These areas receive the most weight and thereby are most prone to pressure ulcers. The bands in the cover sheet allow the body to glide rather without the friction forces that push and pull the skin when the head or legs are raised and lowered. With those friction forces lessened, the chance of bed sore development is minimized.
With the coverlet covering the underlying foam and air bladder matrix, it will also provide protection against tears and a barrier against fluid. It also has anti-bacterial properties. The coverlet is easy to clean and can be machine washed. It has a flame resistant material built-in.
PressureGuard® Easy Air Mattress Coverlet Features and Benefits
- The mattress cover has a bi-directional stretch.
- The cover sheet has anti-sheer properties to help prevent bed sores.
- The material has an anti-microbial property.
- The coverlet will allow the moisture to be wicked away by the low-air-loss therapy .
- It has a flame-resistant sleeve that complies with government regulation guidelines.
- The sheet resists tears.
- It will stop fluid from soaking through.
PressureGuard® Easy Air Specifications
- Manufacturer: Span America
- Sizes: 35 Inch W X 75 Inch L, 35 Inch W X 80 Inch L, 35 Inch W X 84 Inch L, 42 Inch W x 80 Inch L, 48 Inch W x 80 Inch L
- Made to Cover the PressureGuard® Easy Air Mattress
- Manufacturer Numbers: L7535-29, L8035-29, L8435-29, L8042-29, and L8048-29
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Span America
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!