Biogel Latex Powder-Free Surgical Gloves, by Molnlycke, are sterile, individually packaged pairs of latex gloves designed with healthcare professionals in mind. These are highly tactile gloves that have safeguards to minimize the effects of potential allergies. The design is to enhance the fit and feel of surgical gloves as well as utilizing Biogel -- the substance by Molnlycke that allows donning the gloves, wet or dry, easier to do.
The Biogel Latex exam glove shares the features that make rubber latex the most comfortable of wide selection of exam gloves. However, unlike many common exam gloves, Biogel gloves are shaped for each hand. They are powder-free and have low-protein. This minimizes the risk of allergic reactions to aerosolized natural rubber latex proteins, and also the risk of starch powder-related complications. The gloves have a micro-roughened surface for gripping ability. They have a beaded cuff at the wrist. The Biogel gloves are also made to resist tears and holes. According to Molnlycke, non-Biogel gloves are at least 3.5 times as likely to fail than Biogel gloves.
For a non-latex version of Biogel, look to the Biogel Synthetic Sterile Exam Gloves.
Biogel Latex Powder-Free Exam Gloves Features and Benefits
- The gloves include Biogel to assist donning them wet or dry.
- The gloves are shaped for each hand.
- They are powder-free and the latex is of a low-protein rubber to minimize risk of allergic reactions to aerosolized latex proteins.
- They have micro-texture for better grip.
- The gloves are non-pyrogenic.
- The Biogel and glove material prevent skin irritation and soothes skin by preventing moisture loss.
- The beaded cuff at the wrist adds to security and will simply slip over the cuff of the arm gown.
- Every glove is air inflation tested and visually inspected for quality and user confidence.
BioGel Latex Powder-Free Exam Gloves Specifications
- Product Numbers: 30455, 30465, 30470, 30475, 30480, 30485, 30490
- Manufacturer: Molynlycke
- Material: Latex
- HCPCS: A4930
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Molnlycke Color Cream Powdered Powder Free Sterility Sterile Surface Micro-Textured Thickness 10 mil
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsHow do you know your hand size?Question by: carol platt on Jun 30, 2015 12:12:09 PMIt's best to take a loose tape measure or a piece of string and wrap it around the widest part of your hand. You can use that measurement to correspond to the sizes we have available.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 9, 2016 1:54:00 PM