Customers Also Bought
KetoCal 3:1 is a Medical Food specially formulated for individuals with epilepsy. KetoCal is a nutritionally complete formula. Offering 3:1 ratio of fat:carbohydrate + protein, KetoCal 3:1 provides a ketogenic formula for the dietary management of intractable epilepsy. Manufactured by Nutricia, KetoCal should only be used with individuals over the age of 1.
KetoCal 3:1 Features & Benefits
- Nutritionally complete ketogenic formula.
- Nutrient dense for children 1-8 years of age with low energy requirements.
- Supplemented with DHA and ARA.
- 3:1 ratio, supporting earlier initiation of the diet.
- Nutrient dense for children with low energy requirements.
- Convenient one step preparation with a non-modular approach.
- Appropriate for enteral or oral feedings.
KetoCal 3:1 Specifications
- Nutricia KetoCal 3:1 Product Numbers: 16672.
- Size: 11 Ounce, 300 Gram.
- Container: Can.
- Application: Oral Nutrition Supplement.
- Standard dilution = 1 kcal/mL.
- Osmolality (at 1 kcal/mL): 150 mOsm/kg.
- Calories Per Can: 2097.
- Energy distribution:
- Protein 8.8%
- Carbohydrate 4.1%
- Fat (LCT 100%) 87.1%
- Displacement 1 mL/g.
- No artificial sweeteners.
- Users: Children 1-8 years old.
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: KetoCal.
- UNSPSC Code: 42237804.
- HCPCS Code: B4154.
KetoCal 3:1 Indications
- Intractable epilepsy
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency (PDH)
- Glucose transporter type-1 deficiency (GLUT1DS)
- Other medical conditions where a ketogenic diet is indicated
KetoCal 3:1 Ingredients
Refined Vegetable Oils (Palm, Soy, Sunflower), Milk Protein (Casein, Whey), Lactose (Milk), Tricalcium Phosphate, Tripotassium Citrate, Corn Syrup Solids, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, Magnesium Acetate, Choline Bitartrate, L-Cystine, M. Alpina Oil*, C. Cohnii Oil**, L-Tryptophan, M-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Sodium Caseinate (Milk), Sodium Chloride, Sodium Ascorbate, L-Ascorbic Acid, L-Carnitine, Taurine, Mono and Diglycerides, Zinc Sulfate, DL-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Soy Lecithin, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mixed Tocopherols, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Phylloquinone, Sodium Selenite, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
*A Source of Arachidonic Acid (ARA)
**A Source of Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)
KetoCal 3:1 Directions for Use
The dilution and quantity of KetoCal should be determined by a healthcare professional only and is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the patient.
For oral and tube feeding
- Measure the required amount of warm water into a container that seals with a screw top lid. To completely dissolve the powder, the water must be at a temperature of 113-122°F (45-50°C).
- Add the prescribed amount of KetoCal to the water.
- Cover and shake until the powder has dissolved.
- Once prepared, the formula should be stored in a refrigerator and kept no longer than 24 hours.
- For oral feeding, best served chilled and consumed immediately.
- For tube feeding, hang time not to exceed 4 hours. It is recommended that the tube is flushed with lukewarm water (approximately 98°F or 37°C) between each feed.
- Do not boil or microwave formula.
- Do not freeze. Recommended storage between 39°F-77°F (4°C-25°C).
- Once powdered formula is prepared or liquid formula is open, use immediately or refrigerate promptly at 39°F/4°C or less and use within 24 hours.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsCan you tell me the expiration date? Thank you!!Question by: SIN-YI JIANG on Aug 15, 2019 6:15:00 PMWe are unable to provide that specific information as the expiration dates may vary based on when stock was received and quantity of incoming orders.Answer by: Jessica Smith (Admin) on Aug 19, 2019 11:59:00 AM