Other Telfa product(s)
Customers Also Bought
TELFA Island Dressings are a convenient all-in-one Non-Adhering Dressing manufactured by Kendall, a division of Covidien. The TELFA Island Dressings have a soft, non-woven backing that molds around the wound site and seals on all four sides. TELFA Island Dressings are available in a variety of sizes to fit the wound site. TELFA™ Island is a TELFA Dressing with an adhesive border minimizing the need to add tape or means to secure the dressing to the wound site. The adhesive border in the TELFA Island Dressing is a cloth tape.
TELFA Island Dressings Features & Benefits
- Can be cut to fit any shape without separating the dressing layers.
- Easy to use as a home Wound Dressing.
- Can be steam sterilized.
- TELFA Island Dressings are tested to provide the perfect balance of non-adherence and exudate migration.
- Highly absorbent to help minimize skin masceration.
- Ideal moisture vapor transmission rate.
- Helps control fluid loss and to provide a moist wound healing environment.
TELFA Island Dressing Specifications
- Polyester wound contact film polymer.
- Bonded on both sides with perforated non-adherent film.
- TELFA film has 382 holes per square inch with a diameter of 0.020 to 0.030 inch.
- TELFA Dressing absorbent core is made out of 100% USP grade absorbent cotton.
TELFA Island Dressing Use Instructions
- Choose the dressing size that most closely approximates the wound.
- Wash your hands and wear gloves.
- Cleanse the wound with normal saline or a commercial wound cleanser according to your institutional protocol.
- Open the package using aseptic technique.
- Peel back and remove the paper backing.
- Smooth the dressing over the skin.
- Additional Information