Customers Also Bought
Smith's Medical ViaValve Safety IV Catheters is an IV supply that's safely inserted into a patient's vein in order to perform any number of procedures. These functions include but are not limited to collecting blood samples, placing fluids into patients or administering drugs such as IV antibiotics. The IV catheter's V-Point reduces insertion force by up to 30 percent, minimizing pain and venous trauma as it's being inserted. On a few of the larger gauged needles, a Flash Vue window near the need point confirms venous access, making it easier to see if you've inserted correctly. The radiopaque polyurethane material catheter is safe to use for any procedure as well. A winged hub has enhanced security and is designed to minimize internal surface area and volume. An integrated Valve helps prevent blood exposure, ensuring patient and medical professional safety. Beyond the hub is a push-off tab that's integrated into the sliding shield to control threading. The tab also keeps fingers away from the catheter, reducing contamination. Ribbed Finger pads offer better control during insertion, threading and safety activation.
The catheters range in size from 5/8-inch to 1 1/4 inch, contain a straight hub, are radiopaque and have six gauge sizes from 14-24. The 20, 22 and 24 gauge each have FLASH-VUE's early flash indicator.
Product Features and Benefits
- Safely Insert into a Patients Vein
- Good for Blood Draws or IV Fluids
- Can Administer Medicine as Needed
- Needle Safety Guard Protects Users
- Audible Noise Indicates Containment
- Better Safety Handling Capabilities
- Ribbed Hub Created to Optimize Security
- Stainless Steel Needle for Added Strength
- Multiple Sizes and Gauges Available
- Manufacturer: Smith's Medical
- Brand: ViaValve
- Application: Peripheral IV Catheter
- Usage: Disposable
- Catheter Material: Polyurethane
- Needle Material: Stainless Steel
- Hub Material: Plastic
- Sterile: Yes
- Available Gauges: 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24
- Available Sizes: 5/8 Inch, 1 Inch, 1 1/4 Inch
- HCPCS: A4351
- Product Numbers: 3260, 3262, 3263, 3265, 3266, 3267, 3268
Manuals and Documents
- Product Brochure contains features and benefits as well as product highlights.
ViaValve® Introduction Video (1:00 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smiths Medical Disclaimer Notice: some states may require a prescription for this item.
Shipping & Returns
Leaves Warehouse: 1-2 business days - More details
Economy Shipping: Guaranteed 7-10 business days
Refer to our returns policy for more information.