Customers Also Bought
Invacare 9805P Patient Lift is a portable patient lift used for hospital mobility. This medical lift is constructed with steel for durability and strength. Manufactured by Invacare, this portable patient lift is sometimes referred to as the "Invacare 9805P Hoyer Lift" and is available in two options--Chrome or Painted. The color of the painted model is beige to blend well with hospital and homecare settings. Although the construction is steel, it is lightweight at less than 70 pounds. It can be easily disassembled and reassembled for easy transport by automobile. Equipped with low friction, 5-inch caster wheels makes this patient transport device easy to move room to room. Its design helps healthcare providers and attendants avoid lower back injuries during patient transfers. The Hydraulic Lift feature an offset mast and boom style to provide a better lift path and full range of travel.
Invacare Portable Hydraulic Patient Lift For Mobility Features and Benefits
- Lightweight, portable patient lift.
- Helps prevent patient injuries and caregiver injuries during patient transfers.
- Comes with a padded swivel bar.
- Adaptable to many types of patient slings.
- Pump handle rotates from side to side for added convenience.
- Low-friction caster wheels.
- Easy to disassemble and reassemble.
- 360 degree patient rotation.
- Similar in function with a Hoyer Lift.
- Do not over-tighten the hardware
- Until lift is fully assembled, do not run lift
- Remove all parts from packaging
Base, Mast and Boom Assembly
- There is a notch at the base of the mast that should be aligned with tabs on the base socket
- Insert mast into socket
- Turn to ensure notch is locked in place- if it doesn’t turn, it means it has locked in place
- Securely tighten the locking screw into the bottom of the base
- Bolt and locknut will need to be removed from the top of the mast’s mounting bracket
- Align the holes of the boom and mast. Insert the bolt through the holes and secure in place
- *Boom should be able to easily pivot even with everything securely tightened. If bolt is not aligned properly, it will seem to need excessive force
Handle of Base Shifter Attachment
- Place handle of base shifter into cam lock assembly
- The holes of each piece should line up, adjust as needed
- Tighten the thumbscrew keeping both pieces in place
Swivel Bar Attachment
- Push the pin and washers completely up through the swivel bar from the base
- Align holes of both the swivel bar and boom arm, securing with the provided shoulder screw
How to Operate the Lift
- Do not exceed weight limit of 450 lbs
- Take care to ensure the comfort of the patient as much as possible
- Make sure you will not need to transfer over uneven surfaces
- Legs of the lift must be opened as wide as possible before lifting
- To raise the lift, the control valve needs to be closed (facing the pump handle). This allows the pump to move up and down, raising the lift
- To lower the patient, the control handle must be open (away from the pump handle), which allows the lift to lower. The downward motion can be slowed by leaving the control handle in varying increments towards the closed position
Care and Maintenance
- Inspect hooks and mounting brackets every 3 months and replace immediately when they become worn
- Do not attempt to open pump- if there is an issue with the pump, contact the manufacturer
- If an excess of oil accumulations around the piston, wipe away the oil with a tissue
- Swivel bar and eye of boom should be checked after one year and every 6 months after- parts must be replaced with signs of wear
- Check casters and axle bolts every 6 months
- Once per year, use auto lubricant to lightly grease the casters for smoothly rolling wheels
- Other pivot points should also receive lubricant, including the mounting bracket for the swivel bar, boom, and mast; as well as the boom and base to mast mount
Warnings and Precautions
- Initial set up should be completed by a qualified technician
- Make sure you have read and understand the manual before operating the lift
- Use only Invacare products and accessories
- Not for transportation over distance
- Do not exceed weight limit of 450 lbs
- Casters should remain unlocked during lifting in order to stabilize
- Do not attempt to operate the lift if only partially assembled
- Transfers should be made only with approval from a physician, nurse or trained medical assistant
- Lifts should be practiced with a capable individual and with proper supervision before operating lift
- Legs must be open as wide as possible for stability while raising
- Shifter handle must be vertical and lock pin properly seated before use
- Patient’s arms should be inside the sling at all times
- After raising patient a few inches, double check attachment of the sling at all points
- Before lowering to a wheelchair, ensure wheels of the chair are in locked position
Manuals and Documents
- Invacare Portable Hydraulic Patient Lifts Brochure for this model
- User Manual offers instructions to safely use this portable patient lift
- Lift Maintenance Checklist is used to keep your lift operating safely
- Invacare Limited Warranty contains the manufacturer's warranty instructions
- Invacare Product Registration form for use after purchasing
- CareGuard Polyester Standard Slings presents slings that work with the patient lifts
Full Body Lifts - Full Video (23:39 minutes)
Full Body Lifts - Introduction (8:16 minutes)
Wheelchair to Bed Instructions (5:47 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Base Width (Open)42.25 inches
- Base Width (Closed)22 inches
- Overall Height20-64 inches
- Anchor Height20 inches
- Base-to-Floor Clearance6.5 inches
- Casters5 inches
- Minimum Setback20 inches
- Base Length46.75 inches
- Product Numbers9805P
- Lifts per ChargeN/A
- Product Weight Capacity450 pounds
- Rotation360 Degrees
- Product Weight68 pounds
- Limited WarrantyLift (3 Years), Hydraulic Pump (1 Year)
Shipping & Returns
Leaves Warehouse: 1-2 business days - More details
Economy Shipping: Guaranteed 7-10 business days
Refer to our returns policy for more information.
- Community Q&A
Product Questionssaludos, me gustaría tener mas información acerca de la bomba hidráulica del patient lift que tengo, a manera de repuesto necesito obtener esa pieza por individual
Question by: edmundo ramirez cordero on Oct 11, 2019 9:42:00 AMConsulte el documento del Manual del usuario para obtener una lista de piezas. Encuéntrelo bajo el encabezado Manuales y documentos.Answer by: Jason Glover (Admin) on Oct 11, 2019 4:13:00 PMCan this lift from the floor?Question by: sharon on Apr 18, 2017 3:14:00 PMThese are able to lift patients from the floor.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jan 16, 2018 9:15:00 AMIs this already assembled or would we need to do that?Question by: Patricia Rigoni on Sep 15, 2017 12:07:00 PMThis item does require assembly upon delivery.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 11, 2017 10:46:00 AMIs the sling included? Can someone lying on a floor be lifted?Question by: R. Flowers on Aug 5, 2017 5:04:00 PMSlings are not included with this item. It cannot be used to lift someone from the floor.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Apr 9, 2018 9:05:00 AMCan shipping be through UPS or FedEx? We don't get US Postal System.Question by: Martha on Jul 15, 2017 12:23:00 PMUPS and FedEx are the two main resources we use to ship products.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 18, 2017 9:09:00 AMIs this a refurbished product? What is the manufacturer’s warranty?Question by: Tanya on Oct 15, 2017 9:57:00 PMThis is not a refurbished product. The warranty listed is a limited 3-year for the lift and one year on the hydraulic pump.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Dec 18, 2017 10:23:00 AMShips from where?
Time to South West Florida?
Is shipping included in the price?Question by: Ron Kick on Dec 1, 2016 7:41:00 AMWe use several warehouses across the U.S. to ship out of. We guarantee our delivery in 7-10 business days; faster shipping options are available at a higher cost. This item is subject to shipping charges.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Dec 5, 2016 3:24:00 PMDoes the Invacare patient lift (hydraulic) disassemble for easy transport in a vehicle?Question by: Charlotte Borrello on Mar 16, 2017 6:52:00 PMThe lift can be reduced in size for transporting; however, it could be difficult to completely disassemble for transporting.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Dec 29, 2017 8:30:00 AMDo you accept insurance?Question by: Kathy lemieux on Dec 12, 2017 3:54:00 PMIn an effort to keep our prices low, we do not bill Medicare or insurance companies. Feel free to contact Medicare for information about reimbursement.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Mar 23, 2018 12:09:00 PM