Other Shiley product(s)
Customers Also Bought
DAR Adult - Pediatric HME Filters Overview
DAR Adult - Pediatric HME Filters - 353U5908 and 353U5413 by Medtronic are intended for use with adult and pediatric patients who are either anesthetized or require respiratory care with a breathing circuit. When a patient's upper airway has been bypassed with a breathing system, filters like these can serve a critical function for the health of patients by removing viruses, bacteria, and particulate matter before harmful agents can be inhaled into the airway.
These hygroscopic filters are able to trap the moisture from the air exhaled by the patient in order to reduce the amount of heat that is lost. As a result, the patient's inspired air is warmed and humidified. The DAR HME Filters provide low airflow resistance so that breathing does not become more difficult for patients.
These HME filters are designed for single patient use and are meant to be replaced at least once per 24-hour period. Each filter is individually packaged and sterile.
DAR HME Filters: Two Options
DAR Adult - Pediatric HME (Small) - 353U5413
The 353U5413 DAR filter has a VT range of 100-1000 milliliters. This filter features an end tidal CO2 port to allow easy access to airway gasses for end tidal CO2 monitoring.
DAR Adult - Pediatric Foam HME with Integrated Catheter Mount - 353U5908
The 353U5908 DAR Foam HME has an integrated extendable catheter mount connector that helps to streamline the setup process. It has a VT range of 200-1000 milliliters.
Features and Benefits
- Prevents Viruses and Bacteria from Getting into Patient's Airway
- Provides Heat and Humidity During Inspiration
- Suitable for Adult and Pediatric Users
- Low Airflow Resistance
- Has a Moisture Output that Is Greater than 30 mg H2O/L
- DAR 353U5413 Allows for Easy End Tidal CO2 Monitoring
- DAR 353U5908 Features an Extendable Connector for Simple Setup
- Manufacturer: Medtronic
- Brand: DAR
- Product Numbers: 353U5908, 353U5413
- Weight: 12 Grams (353U5908); 24 Grams (353U5413)
- 353U5908 Connection Type: ISO 15F/15M
- 353U5413 Connection Type: ISO 22M/15F - 22F/15M
- Dead Space: 60 mL (compressed) 75 mL (extended) (353U5908); 36 mL (353U5413)
- Resistance: .7 cm at 30 LPM
- User: Adult and Pediatric
- Usage: Disposable
- Sterility: Sterile
- Application: Heat and Moisture Exchanger Filter
Manuals and Documents
- Additional Information