Customers Also Bought
FloCath® Intermittent Hydrophilic Coated Catheter, by Teleflex Medical, is designed to make catheterization as painless as possible. These Rusch branded intermittent catheters are coated with a hydrophilic material, meaning the surface of the catheter will become slick and easy to insert. Rusch suggests to soak these catheters to activate the coating prior to insertion. With a hydrophilic surface, water will bind to the catheter and will act as a lubricant. Some studies have found supporting evidence that hydrophilic coated catheters incur fewer incidents of urinary tract infections than non-coated catheters. But despite study results, making the process less painful and allow a quicker insertion will surely be end result using these intermittent catheters.
FloCath® Intermittent Hydrophilic Coated Catheter Features and Benefits
- The hydrophilic coating will make easier, less painful insertion into the bladder.
- A lubricated surface will make them more maneuverable if needed.
- Each size catheter is color coded.
- They are available in multiple french sizes.
- The hydrophilic coating will reduce incidents of trauma, possibly reducing incidents of UTIs.
FloCath® Intermittent Hydrophilic Coated Catheter Specifications
- Manufacturer Numbers: 220800060, 220800080, 220850120, 220900140, 220850160, 220800160
- Manufacturer: Rusch (Teleflex)
- Material: Vinyl
- Hydrophilic Coated for Lubrication
- Catheter Type: Intermittent
- Sterile Color-Coded Sizes
- HCPCS: A4351, A4651
- Additional Information