Other Champion product(s)
Customers Also Bought
The Champion Figure-8 Neoprene Ankle Support should be your first choice following a minor ankle injury. This brace uses a soft 4-way stretch neoprene material to provide compression to an affected ankle while retaining the wearer's natural body heat. This, in turn, helps increase blood flow to the area and aids in flexibility. The design of the Champion Neoprene Figure-8 Ankle Brace fits naturally around the anatomy of the ankle without binding or cutting for comfort. Plus, the inside of this brace is lined with a soft, absorbent felt that wicks away excess moisture from the skin, adding to the comfort. The Champion C-217 Neoprene Ankle Support line comes in sizes small through extra-large and slips on and off like a sock and can even fit inside of shoes. If you've experienced or are currently experiencing a mild sprain or strain, edema, osteoarthritis, weak ankle, or simply need post-cast support, the Champion C-217 line has you covered. This product may be used with Kinesiology Tapes or on its own.
Mayo Clinic's Guide for Treating An Ankle Injury At Home
Ankle injuries are perhaps the most common injury experienced by active individuals who spend a lot of time on their feet. If one happens to you, your doctor may have given you instructions for care at home like RICE. But, what does RICE mean and how can you do it at home? Your doctor will usually give you the information you need, but if they have not the Mayo Clinic explains the acronym RICE. The first step of RICE is Rest. This is simply avoiding activity that causes pain, swelling, or discomfort for your injury. Second is Ice. You may use an ice pack or cold compress like Duro-Med's Instant Ice Compress to reduce swelling or submerge the wounded ankle inside an ice bath for 15-20 minutes every 2 to 3 hours. The third is Compression to help stop swelling. Using bandages or the Champion C-217 can provide adequate compression without restricting blood flow. Lastly is Elevation which helps reduce swelling and aids in the drainage of excess fluids. While performing RICE, the Mayo Clinic also suggests using medications such as Sunmark's Ibuprofen to help manage pain. If your condition doesn't improve or even worsens, see your doctor again.
- Machine Wash Support on Cold Setting with Mild Detergent.
- Blot with Towel to Remove Excess Moisture (Do Not Wring).
- Allow Brace to Air Dry Away from Heat or Sunlight.
- Do Not Tumble Dry or Use Fabric Softeners or Bleach
Item Number Size Size of Ankle Circumference Inches Size of Ankle Circumference Centimeters 0217-S Small 6 - 8 15.2 - 20.3 0217-M Medium 8 - 10 20.3 - 25.4 0217-L Large 10 - 12 25.4 - 30.5 0217-XL Extra Large 12 - 15 30.5 - 38.1
How to Apply
- Remove Support from Packaging
- Hold Support's Widest of Its 3 Holes Open. Seam of Support Should Run Downwards to Leg
- Place Foot Inside Hole Keeping Ankle Hole Downwards.
- Pull Up Like a Sock Ensuring Toes Exit Hole At Farthest End of Support.
- Brace Should Fit Snug and Comfortable Around Ankle.
Product Features and Benefits
- Retains Body Heat to Help Soothe Affected Area
- Fits Naturally Around Ankle without Binding or Cutting
- For Mild Sprains or Strains, Edema, Osteoarthritis, Weak Ankles, or Post Cast Support
- Increases Circulation and Promotes Flexibility to Aid Healing
- Wicks Away Moisture and is Machine Washable
- Easy to Don and Doff and Can Be Worn with Shoes
- Manufacturer: Champion
- Fiber Content: Rayon, Cotton, Rubber, Neoprene Rubber
- Latex Indicator: Latex-Free
- Color: Black
- Application: Ankle Support
How to Apply Champion Ankle Products (3:11 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A