Customers Also Bought
The Drive Medical bariatric heavy-duty transport chair is capable of supporting up to 450 pounds with ease. It's sturdy, reinforced steel frame with reinforced cross braces and heavy-duty nylon upholstery are built to last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. The seat has a back carry pouch for small items like papers but we do carry the EZ-Access Wheelchair Pack if extra space is needed. This product comes in both 20-inch and 22-inch widths and your choice of two colored frames: blue (Drive Medical BTR20-B, Drive Medical BTR22-B) and red (Drive Medical BTR20-R, Drive Medical BTR22-R). Each chair comes with two solid 12-inch locking wheels that will never leave you with a flat. In addition, this chair comes with a swing-away footrests and removable padded armrests for comfort. This product is specifically a transport chair and cannot be used without assistance. If you are looking for a mobility solution to use independently, we also carry the MedLine Extra-Wide Wheelchair series that has carrying options up to 500 pounds. This product goes great with transfer products like the Duro-Med Wood Transfer Board with a weight capacity of 440 pounds.
Features and Benefits
- 450-Pound Carry Capacity
- Reinforced Steel Frame and Cross Braces
- Red or Blue Frame Options
- Twelve-Inch Flat-Free Wheels with Locks
- Swing-Away Footrests
- Removable Padded Armrests
- Heavy-Duty Nylon Upholstery
- Desk-Length Arms
To perform at its peak, the Transport Chair requires regular maintenance. Always ensure that it's working properly before use. Periodically, a trained technician or dealer should make inspections or repairs to keep the Transport Chair in good working condition.
To keep this product in proper working order, wipe the chrome with a clean cloth to protect the reinforced frame. If the chair is exposed to moisture, allow it to dry as quickly as possible to avoid damage from mold growth or rust. Every month, the metal parts of this product should be polished with an automobile wax. To clean the upholstery, use a mild soap, rinse, and wipe dry. Worn or torn upholstery is unsafe to support weight and should be replaced immediately.
Every month, the wheels should be inspected and balanced if necessary. To do this, loosen the lock nut on the axle, then tighten until side-play is removed. The solid-rubber tires do not require much maintenance but should be cleaned periodically with a damp cloth. If the tires begin to show signs of cracking or appear severely worn down, replace them as soon as possible.
- How to open chair: Tilt to one side and push down seat rails.
- How to attach footrests: Align holes on footrest arm with pegs on frame of transport chair.
- How to adjust footrest length: Loosen bolt on telescoping tube shaft and adjust. Tighten when complete.
- How to remove swing-away footrest: Lift up and off to remove footrest.
- Can be used with wheelchair cushion like Proactive Medical's Protekt Gel Cushion.
- Before entering or leaving chair, engage dual wheel locks on both rear wheels.
- Do not move forward while leaning forward.
- Leaning out of transport chair without proper assistance could cause tipping.
- Don't step on foot plates when transferring as it could cause tipping.
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Shipping Weight - BTR20: 50 Pounds
- Shipping Weight - BTR22: 54 Pounds
- Overall Height: 37 Inches
- Overall Length With Riggings: 38 Inches
- Overall Width - BTR20: 24-1/2 Inches (Open) 9 Inches (Closed)
- Overall Width - BTR22: 26-1/2 Inches (Open) 11-1/2 Inches (Closed)
- Seat to Floor Height: 19-1/2 Inches
- Weight BTR20: 45 Pounds
- Weight BTR22: 49 Pounds
- Warranty: Limited-Lifetime
Manuals and Documents
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
- Additional Information