Customers Also Bought
Drive Medical 10403HD Forearm Crutches offer a more stable support experience than a cane and are much safer than underarm crutches. For a person with a larger body, a walking issue can severely limit what they can do. Canes are great for aiding in walking; however, they don't offer nearly as much support as crutches. Canes with wide bases are better for support but are more awkward. Underarm crutches, on the other hand, are uncomfortable and can even cause lasting nerve damage over time. But going without support can be just as dangerous and a fall can cost an average of $35,000. Drive Medical Heavy Duty Forearm Crutches offer benefits of both walking aids while being much more comfortable than crutches and offering more support than a cane.
These crutches are made of steel, are height adjustable, and can support up to 500 pounds. Also, Drive Bariatric Steel Forearm Crutches are both sturdy and comfortable with an ergonomic design and soft vinyl padding. Plus, they have a limited lifetime warranty so you're covered in case of product failure. This product goes well with Ergo Crutch Tips, which holds to surfaces by articulating.
How to Use
- Adjust to height so hand grip is even with wrist while standing.
- Adjust forearm piece so you have a three-finger width between forearm piece and elbow.
- While using, arm should be comfortably bent (15 - 20 degrees).
- For going down stairs, lead with crutches and bad leg first.
- For going up stairs, lead with good leg.
Product Features and Benefits
- Vinyl-Coated Ergonomics for Comfort and Support
- Leg and Forearm Sections for Optimal Sizing
- Comfortable and Durable
- Extra-Large Tips for Better Balance
- Can Prevent Falls
- Product Number: 10403HD
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Height: 28 - 37 Inches
- Patient Height Compatibility: 60 - 74 Inches
- Weight: 5.7 Pounds
- Weight Capacity: 500 Pounds
- Material: Steel
- Warranty: Limited-Lifetime
Manuals and Documents
- Funding for Elder Falls Prevention contains information regarding the overall costs of falls
- Additional Information