Customers Also Bought
The Drive Med-Aire Alternating Pressure Pump and Pad System helps prevent and treat pressure ulcers. One hundred and thirty air cells inflate and deflate in an alternating pattern every five minutes. Pressure points restrict blood flow, reducing oxygen and nutrients to the skin and surrounding tissues. Restricting blood flow for too long leads to damaged cells, or over a length of time, causes cells to die, resulting in pressure ulcers (bed sores). For many individuals, pressure points are not a problem as they turn about on their bed, but for those with limited mobility, pressure points can cause problems.
What Does The Med-Aire Alternating Pressure Pump and Pad System Solve?
Removing air from individual air bubbles reduces pressure on the user, which allows blood to flow. That brings vital nutrients to affected areas, helping to keep ulcers from forming or aiding in their healing.
This bubble pad's design is comfortable, encouraging patient compliance. Constructed from heavy-weight vinyl (PVC), it is durable and holds up to 300 pounds. It fits on top of a standard mattress and has built-in brackets to keep it in place. The Deluxe Model comes with end flaps that tuck underneath the bed for a more secure hold.
With the Drive Medical Med-Aire Alternating Pressure Pump and Pad System, you get your choice of a 110- or 220-volt pump with either fixed pressure or variable pressure. Pressure settings range from soft to firm to give the best comfort level.
Drive Medical supplies replacement parts for when you need to update or replace your pad or pump to keep your alternating pressure system working at its best.
Regular Maintenance Helps the Product to Last
Drive suggests checking the electrical cord and plug for any damage or large amounts of wear. Next, they recommend to plug the pump in and check the airflow. The air coming from the hose connection ports should alternate every half-cycle.
Keeping Your Med Aire Alternating Pressure Pump and Pad System Clean
Clean at least once a week.
The pump isn't working.
1. Make sure that the plug is snug in the outlet.
2. Turn the power on using the power switch.
If the indicator shows that the power is on but the pump is still not working, contact your dealer at once.
If the indicator is not on, you could have a bad outlet. Try connecting to another outlet. If that does not fix the problem, you might check the outlets by plugging in another device.
Low pressure or incomplete inflation.
Choose Firm on the pressure selector. Inspect the tubes for kinks and connections. Check for any leaks. The tubing should be straight. Change out if there is a leak.
How to Install
- Lay the pad out on a bed with the inflation tubes near the foot of the bed.
- Put down a cotton sheet to separate the surface from the user's skin.
- Hook the pump to the bed frame or footboard.
- Verify that the pump is securely attached.
- Connect the bubble pad's inflation tubes to the pump's inflating nozzles.
- Verify the connection.
- Check the tubes for kinks.
- Make sure that the tubes are clear of the bed and the pad.
- Plug the power cord into a grounded electrical outlet.
- Turn on the power by pressing the switch.
Features and Benefits
- Quiet Pump
- Provides Consistent Air Flow and Pressure to Prevent Pressure Ulcers
- Comfortable Individualized Soft or Firm Pressure to Increase Patient Compliance With Therapy
- Alternately Inflates and Deflates 130 Air Cells With Variable or Fixed Pressure Option
- Air Pressure Cycles Every Five Minutes
- Premium Vinyl Is Heavy Gauge to Be Durable
- Built-In Brackets Secure Pad System to Bed
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Brand: Med-Aire
- 220 Volt Product Numbers: 14001E-220 (Variable), 14002E-220 (Fixed)
- 110 Volt Product Numbers: 14001E, 14001EFD, 140012E
- Product Width: 36 Inches
- Product Length: 78 Inches
- Product Height: 2.5 Inches
- Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds
- Material: Heavy Gauge Vinyl
- Pressure Setting Options: Variable, Fixed
- Pump Type: Compressor
- Pump Airflow: 4 LPM
- Cycle Time: 5 Minutes
- Pump Voltage: 110, 220 VAC
- No. of Air Cells: 130
- Pad Color: Cream
- Application: Treatment and Prevention of Pressure Ulcers
- Warranty: 1 Year Control, 90 Days Pad
- HCPCS Code: E0181
- Non-ambulatory individuals needing pain management or ulcer prevention therapy in homecare or long-term care setting
- Patients with cervical or skeletal traction
- Patients with unstable spinal cord injuries
Notice: For the health and safety of our customers, we cannot accept a return on a mattress once it has been used.
- Additional Information
- Manuals & Documents