Customers Also Bought
Skin Protectant Ointment Overview
DermaRite PeriGuard Skin Protectant Ointment creates a moisture barrier that provides a natural layer that both protects and heals the skin. It helps prevent and treat diaper rash by keeping urine, sweat, and fecal matter off from your skin. It also aids in reducing any friction caused by rubbing.
The PeriGuard contains health-promoting zinc-oxide and vitamins A, D, and E, which help nourish the skin's cells. These cells, protected from moisture, are more resistant to breaking down. The nutrient-enriched environment helps your skin repair itself faster as well.
Consisting of nearly 50% petroleum jelly, the ointment spreads smoothly and with ease so you can cover the desired area with little effort. It won't wash or rub off, giving you adequate coverage for an extended time. This skin protectant is even gentle on sensitive skin and does not cause further or additional irritation when used.
How it Helps the Skin
The outer layer of your skin is naturally slightly acid. It helps protect your body from pathogens (harmful germs and bacteria). When moisture sits on the surface of your skin, it can cause a break in this protective exterior. Not only that, but urine is a base, which can cause your skin to lose its acidity. Enzymes in fecal matter speed up the breakdown of the surface.
By providing a moisture barrier, the product helps the acidity be where it should be, protecting the surface of your skin. That, in turn, prevents intruders from gaining entry. And that helps maintain your comfort.
- Relieve and prevent rashes from incontinence
- Reduce irritation from wetness
- Protect chafed skin
- Helps reduce and protects against diaper rash in infants, children, and adults
Features and Benefits
- Creates a Moisture Barrier
- Protects Against Diaper and Incontinence Rash
- Spreads Easily
- Soothes and Relieves
- Leaves no Heavy Residue
- Contains Zinc Oxide, Vitamins A, D, & E
- Leaves the Skin Soft & Supple
- Dermatologist Tested
- Prevents and Protects Skin from Damage
- Dries Clear
- Creamy Texture
- Non-Greasy Feel
Why Buy This Product?
PeriGuard Cream offers gentle protection for your skin, keeping your skin soft and supple, as well as comfortable. The formula is easy to apply and to remove. It can help bring healing to painful rashes and help speed recovery.
- Rashes due to incontinence
- Chafed skin
- Diaper Rash
How to Apply the Cream
- Remove soiled briefs or diaper
- Clean the skin with a non-irritating, gentle cleanser
- Dry by dabbing or let air dry
- Place a small amount of the cream onto the target area
- Spread with fingers to cover the affected area
- Cover with clean briefs or diaper
- Wash your hands to remove residual product
- Do not take or swallow
- Not for use inside of the mouth
- Keep away from the eyes, flush with water for accidental contact
- If swallowed, call a doctor or the Poison Control Center immediately
- Keep away from children
- Stop using the product and call your doctor if the condition gets worse or if it does not improve within seven days.
- Petrolatum 49.9%
- Water, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Zinc Oxide, Sorbitan Sequioleate, Beeswax, Propylene Glycol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Aluminum Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Chloroxylenol, Cholecalciferol, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil
- Manufacturer: DermaRite Industries
- Usage: Topical
- Sizes: 5 Gram Foilpak, 3.5 Ounce Tube, 7 Ounce Tube
- Latex: Latex-Free
Other Products to Buy
Product Information and Documents
- Additional Information