Customers Also Bought
Cutimed Sorbact Ribbon Gauze Overview
Cutimed Sorbact Ribbon is advanced wound care product designed to pack infected wounds to reduce pathogenic bacteria and fungi without the use of chemicals. Cutimed Sorbact conforms to the wound making it easy to load a wound cavity in order to get access to microbes that are trapped and thus hindering the healing process. Its material structure is ideal for this type of environment. The tightly woven material attracts and binds to microbes using Dialkyl Carbomol Chloride (DACC) technology that grabs and effectively inactivates the bacteria. Chemicals can destroy bacteria that leave behind smell and residue, this method is void of chemicals and antibiotics so its wound odor is minimized. Another advantage is Cutimed Sorbact doesn't stick to the wound bed making dressing changes easy and painless.
How DACC Technology Works
Cutimed Sorbact effectively removes Bacteria and fungi because of its specialized (DACC) coating, a hydrophobic wound layer. Since bacteria and fungi are also hydrophobic, it binds to the ribbon and is removed with every dressing change. This technology is truly simple and does not use chemicals, antibiotics, or antiseptic substances to eradicate harmful bacteria.
What is Cutimed Sorbact Used for?
- Chronic Wounds
- Ulcer Types: Venous, Arterial, Diabetic, and Pressure Ulcers
- Post-Operative Wounds
- Traumatic Wounds
- Fistulas and Abscesses
- Dermal Fungal Infections
How do you use Cutimed Sorbact Dressing?
- Wash the hands
- Prepare the wound washing the wound inside and out and pat dry.
- Unroll the Cutimed Sorbact.
- Fill the cavity or fistula with the Cutimed Sorbact and use a sterile swabstick to pack the gauze into the wound cavity.
- Continue to unroll Cutimed Sorbact until the wound is filled without packing it tightly.
- Leave part of the dressing sticking out at the top so it can be easily removed when it is time for dressing change.
- Apply a secondary dressing.
How Often Should Cutimed Sorbact be changed
The frequency of changes depends on the exudate level and overall condition of the wound and skin. Typically, Sorbact can be left in place for up to 7 days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Sorbact debride the wound?
The DACC technology removes bacteria needed for wound healing. Cutimed Sorbact Gel Dressing can also assist in the debridement or removal of sloughy tissue.
What is Ribbon Gauze?
It is a sterile roll with the green Sorbact technology to easily pack into cavities to reduce bioburden.
What type of dressing is Sorbact?
It is bacteria-binding dressing without the use of chemicals or active ingredients.
Features and Benefits
- Can Be Cut To Size
- Effective on All Bacteria and Fungi
- Conforms to Wound without Sticking
- Safe with No Risk of Allergic Reaction
- Inactivates Bacteria without Destroying Bacteria
- Reduces Wound Odor
- Bacteria Bind to Product to Remove Bacteria and Prevent Infection
- No Chemicals or Antibiotics = No Contraindications
- Manufacturer: BSN Medical
- Brand: Cutimed
- Item Numbers: 721660, 7216700
- BSN Medical 721660 Size:
- Width: 4/5 Inch
- Length: 19-2/3 Inch
- BSN Medical 7216700 Size:
- Width: 2 Inch
- Length: 78-5/7 Inch
- Application: Wound Packing
- Impregnated Material: Sorbact
- HCPCS A6266
- Color: Green
- Sterile: Yes
- UNSPSC Code: 42311505
- Hypafix Dressing Retention Sheet
- Cutimed Sorbact Wound Contact Layer
Manuals and Documents