Customers Also Bought
ConvaMax Superabsorber Wound Dressing promotes the healing and protection of skin from excess fluids. The dressing also promotes the retention of bacteria. Ideal for use as a primary or secondary dressing, this ConvaTec product is designed to help prevent skin erosion and infection caused by high exudation.
The dressing uses three different layers to absorb and keep away exudate: a protective backing, a super-absorbent core, and a conformable wicking layer. Additionally, using Hydrofiber technology and the super-absorbent core, this flexible wound care product keeps in fluid and flexibility while under compression therapy, which is when someone is put under pressure with a device to recover from an injury. Compatible with ConvaTec Aquacel Foam dressings, ConvaMax Exudate Superabsorber comes in either non-adhesive or silicone adhesive packaging.
ConvaMax Superabsorber Features and Benefits
- Easy to apply and remove
ConvaMax by ConvaTec is best used for wounds that are highly exuding. According to WoundSource, some examples of highly exuding wounds include:
- Acute Wounds
- Chronic Wounds
- Deep Wounds
- Pressure Ulcers
- Leg Ulcers
- Surgical Wounds
The ConvaMax can also be used to combat wounds leaking onto clothing, erosion of peri-wound skin, exudate leaking into secondary bandaging, and unpleasant smells, according to the manufacturer.
How to Apply the Dressing
- Cleanse both the wound and hands. Use disposable gloves if necessary.
- Pat the skin down with a towel or cloth to dry it.
- Open the ConvaMax and apply it to the wound. Make sure the padding is covering the wound and the blue side is facing upwards.
- Secure dressing with tape or gauze if required.
ConvaMax Superabsorber Dressing is indicated for the management of moderate to highly exuding wounds.
Some warnings associated with this product are:
- Do not use on dry wounds, eyes, mucous membranes or the wound cavities.
- Do not use on third-degree burns or arterial bleeds.
- Do not use on patients with known allergy or hypersensitivity to the dressings.
- Do not reuse.
- Do not cut the dressing.
- Manufacturer: ConvaMax
- Application: Wound Care
- Comes in Pack of 10
- Item Numbers: 422567, 422568, 422571, 422576
- HCPCS: A6196, A6197
Manuals and Documents
- Product Description and Information Contains product information.
- Product Care Information Contains information about how to apply the product.
- Product Information Presentation Contains product information in a presentation.
- WoundSource ConvaMax Information Contains product information.
ConvaMax Application (10:06 minutes)
- Additional Information