Customers Also Bought
The Conformant 2, by Smith and Nephew, is wound contact material that will work as a interface between a wound and the secondary dressing. The Conformant 2 facilitates several functions related to wound care. One of these features is to protect fragile skin and new healthy (granulation) tissue when the secondary wound dressing is removed. Because the layer is a woven, permeable layer, medication can be applied to absorb into the wound as well as allowing a caregiver to visually inspect the healing process. The wound contact material can also allow the passage of fluid (exudate) into the absorbent layer above within the secondary dressing. Another advantage is the material can be cut and shaped to size. It works well for both shallow wounds, Stage II ulcers as well as deep cavity wounds with Stage III or IV severity rating. The Conformant 2 is made of sterile polyethylene that is flexible and is easily removed with little effort or pain.
Conformant 2 Features and Benefits
- The wound contact material gives the patient more confort, buffering the wound from the main dressing.
- Fragile skin is protected from trauma by the Conformant 2 during wound care.
- The layer is permeable and allows transferance of exudate or allows topical agents to be applied.
- The transparent layer allows easy review of the wound without removing the contact material.
- It helps minor to severe wounds heal.
Conformant 2 Specifications
- Manufacturer Numbers: 5955044, 5955412, 5955602
- Manufacturer: Smith and Nephew
- Material: Polyethylene
- Material Texture: Woven
- Precaution: Not for 3rd Degree Burns
- HCPCS: A6206, A6207, A6206
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smith & Nephew
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!