Other Biatain product(s)
Coloplast 3780 Biatain Alginate Silver Dressing, 1 x 17.5 Inch is an alginate dressing that can be used on all moderate to heavy exudating partial to full thickness wounds. Able to cover leg, pressure and diabetic foot ulcers, donor sites, traumatic burns and second degree burns among others, the dressing is able to maintain its integrity by expanding to fit into the size and shape of the wound bed. Since this Biatain contains silver, it's able to both lift exudate from the wound and prevent infection to the area due to the antimicrobial tendencies silver has against the wound area.
Biatain is able to be cut to pieces in order to fit the wound bed or dermal abrasion, making it perfect for filling cavities or wounds at risk of infection. The high absorption rate also means it can minimize the risk of maceration or leakage onto the wound area. Its expansive abilities also make it easier to remove in one piece, saving time and effort between changes if necessary. The dressing can be worn for up to seven days before needing to be changed.
Product Features and Benefits
- Great for Several Moderate to Heavy Exudating Wounds
- Trim to Fit for Odd-Shaped or Deep Wound Beds
- Expands to Cover More Area with Better One-Piece Removal
- Silver Helps Maintain Bacteria, Preventing Maceration
- Durable Enough to Be Worn up to Seven Days Before Changing
- Great for Partial to Full Thickness Wounds of All Types
- Manufacturer: Coloplast
- Size: 1 x 17 Inches Rope
- Ingredients: Ionic Silver Complex, Carboxymethylcellulose (CMC)
- Product Number: 3780
- HCPCS: A6199
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Coloplast Sub Brand Biatain
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!