Customers Also Bought
Metrex CaviWipes Disinfecting Towelettes are presaturated with CaviCide®. CaviWipes towelettes are proven to kill both TB (in 5 minutes) and HBV (in 3 minutes) with quick, easy-to-use, timesaving convenience. CaviWipes disinfectant are durable, non-woven, nonabrasive towels that won't bunch up during use. They offer better surface contact than other wipes, requiring less force to apply solution to a surface. Better fluid capacity keeps the cloths fully saturated with Metrex Wipes rather than its pooling at the bottom of the canister as with competitor brands.
CaviWipes Cleanser Towellets are a cleaner and disinfectant, in one. This product saves money by reducing repetitive inventory. It saves time by reducing the number of wipe-downs to maintain sterility. The recommended use for CaviWipes is on nonporous surfaces and fixtures. This cleansing product is perfect for operating rooms, surgical centers, neonatal units, medical and dental operating rooms and other critical-care areas. Metrex also manufactures CaviCide a multipurpose cleaner and Metricide 14 a sterilant and disinfectant.
- Towels stay fully saturated and will not dry out during use
- Effective against both TB and HBV
- Towelette and CaviCide in one
- For use on nonporous surfaces
- Sturdy and durable, nonwoven towelette will not bunch up during use
- CaviWipes (Metrex 13-1100) size of wipe in regular canister: 6" x 6.75"
- CaviWipes XL (Metrex 13-1150) size of wipe in large canister: 9" x 12"
Four Key CaviWipes Features
Consumers and healthcare providers should consider four key features of an EPA registered disinfectant. These features include contact time to kill time, broad-spectrum pathogen efficacy, cleansing power, and material compatibility. Cavi Wipes are an All-In-1 cleanser and disinfectant that is effective against HIV-1, HBV, and HCV within 2-minutes. It is active for TB and MRSA within 3 minutes.
CaviWipes Disinfecting Time Clock
2 Minute Kill Rate
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
- Herpes Simplex Virus Types 1 and 2
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV-1)
- Influenza A2 Virus
- Staphylococcus aureus with reduced susceptibility to vancomycin
- Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus Faecalis (VRE)
3 Minute Kill Rate
- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis var: bovis (BCG)
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Salmonella enterica
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes
CaviWipes Key Ingredients
- Water – 70 to 80%
- Isopropanol – 17.2%
- Ethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether – 1 to 5%
- Diisobutylphenoxyethoxyethyldimethlbenzyl Ammonium Chloride – 0.28%
CaviWipes List of Healthcare Applications
- Hospital operating rooms
- Surgical centers
- Emergency departments
- Reception desks
- Nurse stations
- GI centers
- Sterile processing rooms
- Isolation areas
- Neonatal units
- Waiting rooms
- Patient rooms
- Nursing homes
- Dental offices
- Emergency vehicles
- Laboratory equipment
- Exam tables
- IV Poles
- Critical care areas where control of cross-contamination is necessary
- Veterinary facilities
CaviWipes List of Non-Healthcare Applications
- Correctional facilities
- Police and fire vehicles
- Salon settings
- Donation centers
- Tanning salons
- Laundry rooms
- Infant care equipment
- Pediatric care surfaces
- Childcare centers
CaviWipes List of Home Applications
- Kitchen appliances
CaviWipes Circle of Care
CaviWipes disinfect surfaces at home and in healthcare facilities. They offer a diversity of uses across a broad front, including countertops, handles, knobs, rails, or nearly anything you touch. Home uses include bathrooms, kitchen, doorknobs, and other touch surfaces. Hospitals include waiting rooms, patient care room, operating rooms, mobile equipment, hallways, and of course, other touch surfaces. The benefits and variety of sanitation uses this cleansing wipe offers make it a go-to product for the home or healthcare. This product offers a circle of care in the hospital or home.
Features & Benefits
- Kills Bacteria and Viruses
- Kills Fungi and TB
- Cleans and Disinfects (Two Products in One)
- Convenient, Ready-to-Use Towelette
- Nonabrasive to Surfaces
- Durable, Nonwoven Towellets
- Does Not Bunch Up During Use
- Superior Surface Contact Cleaner
- Stays Saturated
- High Fluid Capacity
- Will Not Dry Out During Use
- Decontaminate Hard, Non-Porous Surfaces
- Surface Disinfectant
- Product Numbers: 13-1100, 13-1150, 13-1155, 13-1224.
- Container Options: Canister, Flat Pack, Box
- Towelette Size Options: 6 x 6.75 Inch, 9 x 12 Inch, 7 x 9 Inch
- Color: Clear Liquid on White Towelette
- Odor: Alcohol
- pH: 11.0 – 12.49
- Manufacturer: Metrex
- Eye Contact: May cause irritation with tearing, redness, and pain. Moderate irritant in an eye irritation study with rabbits. Effects reversed in 7 days.
- Ingestion: Ingestion may cause gastrointestinal disturbances and central nervous system effects such as headache, dizziness, drowsiness, and nausea. Not acutely toxic in rats.
- Chronic Hazards: None known.
- Medical Conditions Aggravated By Exposure: None currently known.
- Carcinogen: None of the components are carcinogenic. Evaluated as not a potential carcinogen by IARC, NTP, ACGIH, and OSHA.
- Acute Toxicity Values for CaviWipes XL: LD50 Oral Rat >5000 mg/kg, LD50 Dermal Rat >2000 mg/kg, LC50 inhalation LC50 rat >2.08 mg/L.
- Respiratory Protection: None under normal use conditions with adequate ventilation. When operations exceed the occupational exposure limits, use a NIOSH approved respirator with organic vapor cartridges or supplied-air respirator. Equipment selection depends on the contaminant type and concentration. Select under 29 CFR 1910.134 and good industrial hygiene practice. For firefighting, use self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Hand protection: Recommend impervious gloves such as butyl rubber or nitrile for operations, which may result in prolonged or repeated skin contact.
- Eye Protection: None required for regular use. If liquid splashing is possible, wear splash-proof goggles to prevent eye contact.
- Skin Protection: None required for regular use. Wear protective clothing if needed to avoid prolonged/repeated skin contact. Contaminated clothing should be removed and laundered before reuse.
- Hygiene measures: Suitable eyewash and washing facilities should be available in the work area.
- Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames, hot surfaces – No smoking.
- Keep the container tightly closed.
- Inhalation: Move to fresh air if effects occur and seek medical attention if effects persist.
- Skin Contact: Remove contaminated clothing. Wash all affected and exposed areas with soap and water. If skin irritation or redness develops and persists, seek medical attention.
- Eye Contact: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
- Ingestion: If swallowed, get medical advice by calling a Poison Control Center or hospital emergency room. If information is not available, take victim and product container to the nearest emergency treatment center or hospital. Do not attempt to give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
- Most Important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed: Causes severe eye irritation.
- Inhalation of concentrated vapors may irritate the eyes, nose, and throat. It may also cause dizziness and drowsiness.
- Toxicity: No toxicity data available for the product. Isopropanol: LC50 fathead minnows 11,130 mg/L/48 hr; LC50 brown shrimp 1400 mg/L/48 hr. Diisobutylphenoxyethoxyethyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride: LC50 Pimephales Promelas 1.6 mg/L/96 hr, LC50 Lepomis Macrochirus 1.4 mg/L/96 hr.
- Persistence and degradability: Isopropanol and 2-butoxyethanol are readily biodegradable in screening tests. Diisobutylphenoxyethoxyethyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride is not readily biodegradable.
- Bioaccumulative Potential: Isopropanol has an estimated BCF of 3, suggesting that the potential for bioaccumulation is low.
- Mobility in Soil: Isopropanol has very high mobility in soil.
- Towelette Disposal: Do not reuse towelette. Dispose of used towelette in the trash. Do not flush wipes down the toilet.
- Container Disposal: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling, if available. If recycling is not available, discard in trash.
Vitality Medical carries many Wet Cleaning Wipes to select from including Sani-Cloth and Micro-Kill.
Cleaning Prior to Disinfection Video (2:06 minutes)
CaviWipes Non-Fire Hazard Test Video (2:03 minutes)
CaviWipes FAQ's Video (7:24 minutes)
Dirt Removal vs. the Competition Video (1:55 minutes)
Blood Removal vs. the Competition Video (1:38 minutes)
CDC Principles of Cleaning and Disinfecting Surfaces Video (6:24 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Manuals & Documents
Manuals and Documents
- Metrex Brochure contains features and benefits for this cleansing product.
- Flyer provides product highlights.
- Material Safety Data details product ingredients.
- Material Safety Data for product ingredients in Spanish.
- Material Safety Data provides information about the use of this product to prevent the spreads of SARS virus.
- COVID-19 offers information about the use of this product to kill the COVID-19 virus from environmental surfaces.
- COVID-19 provides product ingredients for the sister product--CaviWipes1 with one minute kill time.