Other Carex product(s)
Customers Also Bought
The Carex Sitz Bath is a type of therapy that allows you to comfortably take a bath within shallow water, which can be in the bathtub, shower, or over a toilet or commode. The Carex Hygiene Sitz Bath helps clean the genital area. This bath is designed to help treat perineum in the delicate area between the anus and scrotum for men and the vulva in women.
Product Features and Benefits
- Soothes the Perineum After Childbirth
- Eases Itching and Pain from Hemorrhoids
- Cleans the Anal and Genital Area
- Helps Ease Pain from Anal Fissures
How Can a Sitz Bath Help with Cleanliness?
This product allows you to relax and clean your private areas without the need to scrub with and cause irritation. By relaxing the muscles it helps increase blood flow.
How to Use the Sitz Bath on the Toilet
- Lift the lid of the toilet seat and place the bowl on the rim of the toilet. Be sure that the bowl is firmly in place.
- Fill the bowl with warm water that is comfortable against the skin.
- You may add medication or salt to the water, but you should consult your doctor before adding anything to your clean water.
- Gently lower yourself onto the bowl. Ask a caregiver for assistance if needed.
How to Use this Device in the Bathtub
- Make sure your bathtub has been thoroughly cleaned before using you bowl
- Fill the bathtub with 3-4 inches of warm water
- Sit in the water for 10-20 minutes
- Slowly lift yourself from the tub
- Pat yourself dry, but do not rub the perineum or genital area
- Wash your hands and apply doctor recommended cream or ointments to the clean area
- Clean your Sitz Bath after use
How Often Should I Use This Product?
You can use this product 2-3 times a day, but it is recommended to consult with your healthcare provider to have an accurate daily use that will fit your individual needs. If pain, swelling, or symptoms worsen, contact your doctor for advice on how to proceed.Product Specifications
- Manufacturer: Carex
- Product Number: FGP70800 0000
- Color: Pink
- Application: Perineum Cleansing
Manuals and Documents
- Additional Information