Customers Also Bought
Calcium Alginate Dressings by McKesson are rope-style wound dressings that are used as a primary dressing that can be cut to fit wounds with moderate to heavy exudate. They are perfectly formulated to absorb wound fluid while maintaining a moist wound environment. The seaweed-drived alginate turns to a moist gel mass when placed in contact with the exudate of the wound, helping to expedite the healing and regeneration of skin.
Calcium Alginate Dressings Features and Benefits:
- Helps Absorb Moderate to Heavy Amounts of Wound Exudate and May Help Control Minor Bleeding.
- Can Be Used to Fill or Pack the Dead Space In a Wound.
- A Secondary Dressing Is Needed to Hold Alginates In Place and to Protect the Wound From Outside Contaminants.
- Optimal Gelling Profile Allows Dressing to Avoid Sticking to the Wound Bed and Helps Maintain Physical Integrity to Allow Removal From the Wound In One Place.
- Highly Absorptive, Non-Occlusive.
- May Be Trimmed to Fit Wound Dimensions.
- Not Re-Usable.
- Not Made With Natural Rubber Latex.
Calcium Alginate Dressings Specifications:
- Manufacturer: McKesson
- Application: Calcium Alginate Dressing
- Color: White
- Dimensions: .75" x 12"
- Material: Calcium Alginate
- Shape: Rope
- Sterility: Sterile
- Latex Free: Yes
- HCPCS Code: A6199
- UNSPSC Code: 42311540
- Product Number: 3564
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!