Customers Also Bought
Gelocast Unna Boot Dressing by Jobst is designed to evenly distribute a specialized zinc oxide and calamine formulation over irritated skin, ensuring that patients receive a high quality healing experience. The zinc oxide and calamine is embedded into a cotton based gauze for strength and stability. A cotton gauze is used because it is non-raveling and will not fall apart. The gauze wrap soothes, treats and heals irritated and/or ulcerated skin.
After being applied, the gauze quickly dries and hardens to create a semi-rigid cast. This cast provides compression to the leg to combat venous ulcers and other problems from chronic venous insufficiency. Also, this compression therapy tool features a high working pressure with a lower resting pressure. Working pressure is the resistance the bandage offers to stretching when pressure is exerted from joint movement or muscle contractions. Resting pressure is exerted when the bandage shortens after application.
Effective and calming, this gauze wrap can be used on a variety of different types of patients of all sizes and ages.
Gelocast Unna Boot Dressing by Jobst Features and Benefits
- Used to help healing in irritated or ulcerated skin.
- Designed with a soothing zinc oxide/calamine formulation that is distributed evenly throughout the entire dressing.
- The nonraveling gauze is easy to apply and forms a semi-rigid cast after drying.
- Product numbers: 01052, 01053
- Width: 3, 4 Inch
- Length: 10 Yard
- Brand: Jobst
- Manufacturer: BSN Medical
- Additional Information
Manufacturer BSN Medical
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsHow long will they be good for if not opened. Shelf life.Question by: Denise on Aug 18, 2015 2:00:10 PMPer the manufacturer, the product has a shelf life of 2 years.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 11, 2016 2:22:00 PM
- Very clean, gel-like consistency, cream doesn't rub off and get everywhere
- More expensive than other wraps