Customers Also Bought
The BPR Firesafe Cannula Valve (Thermal Fuse) is designed to extinguish oxygen delivery tube fires. Oxygen is a life-saving substance, but can also be hazardous in the presence of excess heat or open flame. Whether it be from smoking, sparks, ovens, or stovetop ranges, heat sources pose a risk that can lead to an oxygen tube fire. That's where the Firesafe Oxygen Tubing Cannula Valve (BPR 827-1001) comes into play. This valve cuts off tube fires, reducing the severity of these fires when they occur.A recent study noticed that oxygen tube fires in the United States happen almost every day, as opposed to a little over once per month in the United Kingdom (BPR Medical LTD, 2019). Firesafe Cannula Valves are required by law to be used with all oxygen tubing in the United Kingdom. If a fire should occur, the Firesafe Cannula Valve can reduce your chance of injury by a factor of 20 (BPR, 2019).
Features and Benefits
- Extinguishes Oxygen Tube Delivery Fires
- Lasts Up to 4 Years
- Maintenance-Free Mechanism
- Connects to All Standard Oxygen Delivery Tubing
How to Clean
The Firesafe Cannula Valve is meant to be maintenance-free throughout its four-year duration. It does not need any cleaning outside of the exterior surface of the device itself. To clean the exterior, use a disinfectant wipe like Pharma-C-Wipes isopropyl alcohol wipes. Do not allow fluid to enter the inside valve. If the valve fuse is engaged, it must be discarded and replaced.
- Manufacturer: BPR Medical
- Product Number: 827-1001
- Connections: EN 13544-2, 6 mm Nominal Tubing Connection
- Gas Compatibility: Oxygen Enriched Air
- Use: Single Patient
- Application: Thermal Fuse
Manuals and Documents
- Information Sheet contains product information.
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
- BPR Medical LTD. (2019). The Prevalence and Impact of Home Oxygen Fires in the U.S. study on the prevalence of oxygen tube fires.
Firesafe (0:25 minutes)
BPR Medical Wins Award for Oxygen Fire Valve (3:04 minutes)
- Additional Information