The Bard SafeStep Huber Needle Set provides port access to withdraw blood and to administer medicine or chemotherapy. With this type of contact, the SafeStep Huber Needle is packaged sterile for both patient and caregiver protection. Choose sets with a 1/2, 3/4, 1 and 1-1/2 inch hypodermic needle in 20 or 22 gauge. For additional safety, it comes with a safety clip to prevent against accidental sticks. It will provide an audible click when activated. It's designed with a textured handle for a secure grip to make it easier to hold on to when rotating needle head for prime positioning. This aids maneuvering and positioning tubing for patient comfort or when changing dressing around the base. The clear plastic base is padded for patient comfort and gives a clear visual pathway to the site for clinicians to view and inspect as needed.
The low profile design and small footprint minimizes dressing materials needed at the site. The Bio-Patch protective disk dressing is a popular dressing choice since it's specifically designed to go around catheters and PICC lines. It's placed between the skin and the needle set to inhibit bacterial growth to prevent infection.
The SafeStep Bard Huber Needle Set without Y-Injection Site is available in a case of 25 sets. This is a single-use product and cannot be re-sterilized to be used again.
Features and Benefits
- Safety Clip Protects from Accidental Sticks
- Color Coded Female Luer Lock Connector
- Can be Used as IV or Drawing Blood
- Textured Handle- Easy to Grip
- Right Angle Huber Needle
- Clear Base for Inspection
- Non-Coring Needle
- Padded Footprint
- Wingless Design
- Hub Grip
- Manufacturer: Bard Medical acquired by Becton Dickinson
- Brand: SafeStep
- Product Numbers: LH-0029, LH-0030, LH-0031, LH-0032, LH-0035, LH-0036
- Gauge Options: 20, 22 Gauge
- Needle Length Options: 1/2, 3/4, 1 and 1-1/2 Inch
- Needle Material: Stainless Steel
- Needle Style: Right Angle
- Port Type: Without Port
- Sterile: Yes
- HCPCS Code: A4212
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!