Customers Also Bought
Cunningham Clamp is an effective incontinence device to help control male urinary stress incontinence. Stress incontinence for men occurs when they are unable to control urine flow. This simple male incontinence clamp has helped thousands of men cope with dribbling and incontinence side effects that may result from prostate cancer, stroke, and other urinary problems. Manufactured by Bard Medical, this penis clamp offers effective incontinence control in lieu of wearing adult diapers.
Bard Cunningham Incontinence Clamp is a hinged, stainless steel frame supporting two foam rubber pads and a locking device. The user places the penis between the two foam pads and the hinge is squeezed shut. The lower foam pad has an inverted "V" that presses against the underside of the penis, exerting a closing pressure on the urethra, which is close to the underside of the penis. The ratchet-locking clamping mechanism has five separate settings to control male incontinence. This permits the user to achieve the proper amount of pressure to prevent urine leakage without discomfort.
Product Features & Benefits
- Reusable and Washable
- Adjustable Fitting
- Effective Control of Stress Incontinence, Enuresis, or Bed Wetting
- Suitable for Use With Males of All Ages
- Manufacturer: Bard Medical
- Product Numbers: 004052, 004053, 004054
- Size Options: Juvenile, Regular or Large
- Sizes: 1 - (1-1/2 Inches), Size 2 - (2 Inches) or Size 3 - (3 Inches)
- Materials: Steel, Foam, and Latex
- Sterile: No
- Application: Control Stress Incontinence
- Replace Every 3 Months or When There Are Signs of Deterioration, Cracking, Discoloration, or Separation of Foam
- HCPCS Code: A4356
- UNSPSC Code: 42291802
Product Sizing is by penis shaft circumference, not length. Three sizes are available: large, regular, or juvenile. Most men use the size 2. Below is a guide to help you to select the best clamp size to meet your needs.
- Step 1: Measure the circumference of your penis with a tape measure.
- Step 2: Select the size that best meets your circumference measurement.
- If your circumference measurement is 3 inches or more, select the large clamp.
- If your circumference measurement is around 2 inches, select the regular clamp.
- If your circumference measurement is around 1-1/2 inches, select the juvenile clamp.
How to Properly Apply
- Step 1: Place the clamp about halfway down the shaft of your penis between the two foam pads.
- Step 2: Tighten the clamp to compress your urethra. Use the ratchet catch to adjust the pressure. This is what stops urine flow. The large and regular clamps each have five settings that adjust the pressure on your urethra. To release the catch, press inward on both of the spring wire loops. The juvenile clamp is not adjustable.
- Step 3: Loosen your clamp every 1 to 2 hours to allow urine to flow. Going beyond 2 hours places you at higher risk of contracting a urinary tract infection. Reposition the clamp slightly up or down the shaft or you penis so that it is not in the same place as before.
- Do not use at night while you are sleeping.
- Step 4: Ensure that the clamp is not set too tightly, cutting off blood circulation or causing skin irritation.
Cleaning Tips and Tricks
- Wash in a sink with mild soapy water.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Gently squeeze the foam to get rid of excess water.
- Air dry at room temperature away from excess heat or direct sunlight.
- Do not use bleach, detergent, or hot water on your clamp.
- Do not put in the washer or dryer
- Do not use a blow dryer on the clamp.
Many incontinence clamp users keep three serviceable urine clamps on-hand at any given time. They rotate between two of the clamps daily and keep one as a spare. Rotating the clamp daily allows the foam pads to reposition fully before each use.
- Additional Information