Wheelchair cushions come in a variety of different options with numerous types of materials that deliver comfort and skin protection benefits. The Balanced Aire Adjustable Cushion, by Drive Medical, is a unique device where the comfort is under your control. This air cushion has its own hand pump so the user can adjust to their own level of comfort.
The Balanced Aire Adjustable Cushion is made up of dozens of flexible, individual cells that help redistribute weight to disperse any focused pressure. When pressure is focused long enough, pressure sores are prone to develop. This wheelchair cushion not only redistributes weight, but invigorates circulation and allows air flow between the air cells.
This Drive Medical wheelchair cushion comes with a cover made of stretch nylon that will resist moisture and staining. It also has counter shear properties so as not to irritate the skin. The bottom of the cover is a non-skin bottom that will help the pad stay in place for additional stability. This pad also comes in many different dimensions to fit nearly all wheelchair seat shapes.
Balanced Aire Adjustable Cushion Features and Benefits
- It is available in four inch high-profile and 2 inch low-profile heights
- They are comprised of flexible, interconnected, independent air cells that allow for deep immersion into the cushion.
- The hand pump will adjust the cushions to individual patient comfort.
- It offers dynamic positioning, unmatched stability and an advanced level of pressure ulcer prevention.
- Optimal pressure redistribution helps increase blood flow necessary for healthy tissue maintenance.
- It is water-resistant, low-shear, stretch nylon cover with adjustable locking straps and non-skid bottom to secure cushion to the wheelchair.
Balanced Aire Adjustable Cushion Specifications
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Cover Material: Fluid-Resistant Stretch Nylon
- Product Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- HCPCS: E2622
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited
- Manufacturer Numbers: 8047-16, 8047-16-2, 8047-18, 8047-18-2, 8047-20, and 8047-20-2
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!