Other Allevyn product(s)
Customers Also Bought
The Allevyn Plus Wound Cavity Dressing, by Smith and Nephew, is a high-absorbency dressing material to manage and hold fluids within deep wounds. Smith and Nephew use what they call hydrocellular technology with their cavity wound dressing, which uses absorbent foam chips with an outer film that resists adhering to wound tissues. However this dressing will stay in place when inserted and conform to the shape of the wound opening. For deep wounds, this kind of dressing is an integral part of a patient's wound care management and the Allevyn Plus Wound Cavity Dressing exceeds expectation by offering several advantages. One of these advantages is that the wound dressing supports a moist environment within the wound while still locking fluid (exudate) inside. Better wound healing exists in a moist environment so this type of dressing will not interfere with a speedy healing process while usage instructions are being followed.
The Allevyn Plus Wound Cavity Dressing comes sterilized in plastic trays. More than one dressing strip may be used within the same wound if necessary. The dressings come in a variety of sizes and are pliable, foldable and easily inserted by hand to fill any type of wound shape. They are great for treating the following wound types:
- Stage III and IV Pressure Ulcers
- Deep Leg Ulcers
- Cavity Wounds
- Excisions and Treating Separation of Wound Tissues (Post-Op Dehiscence)
Allevyn Plus Wound Cavity Dressing Features and Benefits
- The cavity dressing has ultra-absorbent material.
- The material maintains a moist wound environment.
- It maintains a quick healing environment.
- The dressing material will not stick to internal tissues.
- Dressing strips are pliable to fit any wound shape.
Allevyn Plus Wound Cavity Dressing Specifications
- Manufacturer Numbers: 66047571, 66047573
- Manufacturer: Smith and Nephew
- Application: Wound Cavity Dressing
- Dressing Change Time: Once a Day or to Quantity of Exudate
- Sizes: 2 x 2 3/8 cm or 4 x 4 cm
- Used in Combination with a Secondary Dressing (like a Non-Adherent Dressing), Cover Dressing
- HCPCS Code: For 66047571 - A6215, For 66047573 - A6215
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!