Allevyn Life Foam Dressings Overview
Smith & Nephew Allevyn Life Foam Dressing is an advanced foam wound dressing for the care and prevention of highly exuding wounds, including pressure ulcers. The Allevyn Life Dressing redistributes pressure, minimizes leakage, and its dressing change indicator reduces waste and unnecessary changing. There are five distinct layers, with a central core that effectively locks away moisture to prevent leakage and odor; even while under pressure. The extra comfortable padding distributes pressure, making it a top-rated foam dressing for pressure ulcer prevention. A gentle silicone adhesive will safely and confidently keep the dressing in place for seven days.
Allevyn Life Advanced Wound Dressings are available in multiple sizes and shapes to ensure the user finds the best-fitting dressing for the wound type. Choose from three unique shapes: quadrilobe, heel, and sacrum.
- Quadrilobe Shape - features four quadrants to assist with easy placement of flat and contoured body regions that are hard-to-dress.
- Heel Shape - has a unique "Y" shaped dressing to wrap around the heel and bony prominences of the ankle. The contour design eliminates the need for a secondary tape or adhesive agent.
- Sacrum Shape - is circular with a tail to fit at the dimple or cleft at the spinal cord. The shape won't stand up to prevent tenting.
Allevyn Life Five-Layer Technology
- Breathable Top Film Layer
- Protective Mask
- Hyper-Absorbent Lock Away Core
- Hydrocellular Foam
- Silicone Adhesive
Features and Benefits
- Technology Speeds up Healing Time
- Improved Fluid Management and Pressure Distribution
- Multi-Layers Redistribute Pressure
- Clean and Discreet Appearance
- Silicone Is Gentle on the Skin
- Contouring Shape Options
- Breathable and Comfortable
- Dressing Re-Positions Without Losing Adhesion
- Reduces Strike-Through, Visible Exudate
- Can Be Worn While Showering
- Long Wear-Time, Up to Seven Days
- Granulating Wounds
- Infected and Malignant Wounds
- Surgical Wounds
- Full and Partial-Thickness Wounds
- Pressure Ulcers
- Leg Ulcers
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
How to Apply Allevyn Life Foam Wound Dressings
- Clean the wound and peri-wound.
- Remove excess moisture surrounding the wound and clip excess hair.
- Choose the dressing size and shape that properly fits the wound.
- Remove the protector film backing and place the dressing on the wound, with the silicone adhesive side down.
- Smooth out the dressing to remove any creases. When applying an Allevyn Life Sacrum Foam Dressing, place the tail end a minimum of 3/4-inch from the anus.
- Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew
- Brand: Allevyn
- Product Numbers: 66801304, 66801067, 66801068, 66801069, 66801070, 66801306, 66801307
- Shapes: Quadrilobe, Heel, and Sacrum
- Quadrilobe Sizes: 4 x 4 Inches (Smith & Nephew 66801067), 5-1/26 x 5-1/26 Inches (Smith & Nephew 66801068), 6-1/16 x 6-1/16 Inches (Smith & Nephew 66801069), 8-1/4 x 8-1/4 Inches (Smith & Nephew 66801070)
- Heel Size: 9 x 9-1/8 Inches (Smith & Nephew 66801304)
- Sacrum Sizes: 6-3/4 x 6-7/8 Inches (Smith & Nephew 66801306), 8-1/2 x 9 Inches (Smith & Nephew 66801307)
- Dressing Type: Hydrocellular Foam
- Adhesive: Silicone
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How often is the Allevyn Life dressing changed?
Change quadrilobe and the Allevyn Life heel dressings every seven days and sacrum dressings every five days. Continue monitoring the wound dressing during the week to determine if it needs to be changed sooner.
Can Allevyn Life dressing remain on the skin while showering?
Yes, the dressing can remain in place while the patient showers.
What are some uses for Allevyn Life?Use on a variety of wound types with high exudate. The absorber lock-away core allows the dressing to redistribute the patient's weight for pressure ulcer prevention.
Manuals and Documents
Application of Allevyn Life Video (5:03 minutes)