Customers Also Bought
Getting in and out of confined spaces such as manhole covers takes a toll on the body, especially if you're one of many who make countless trips up and down the spaces.
Air Systems, an air liquid company whose goal is to make working in confined spaces a little bit easier, created a series of items specifically developed for underground work. A prime example of a great piece of easy-to-work with material is the Saddle Vent. The Vent's main purpose is to provide a safe, easier, more effective way to get in and out of confined spaces such as manhole covers. Its easy-to-use design allows for quick installation on the opposite side of the cover, allowing workers to use the ladder and have back support on their way up or down. The Vent's sleek design only takes up three inches of space in a standard opening. Since air circulation in a small space is a must, the Saddle Vent also acts as a channeling system for fresh air flow, providing continuous fresh air while leaving out the extra work of taking the vent in and out of the hole cover on every use.
The Vent's 43.5-inch long, 14.5-inch wide size gives the user enough length to go down the entire manhole while providing enough width for back support on the way up or down the ladder. Constructed with polyethylene, a common but durable plastic, the Saddle Vent is able to withstand temperatures as hot as 250 degrees Fahrenheit (121.1 Celsius) before it starts melting and has a -158 degrees Brittleness Temperature. As a standard safety feature, the Saddle Vent comes in safety orange and provides a better source of ambient light.
Air Systems Saddle Vent Features and Benefits
- Offers Sufficient space for Entering and Exiting Manhole Covers
- Takes up Only Three Inches of Depth in a Standard-Sized Cover, Allowing for Easy Access
- 14-Inch Width Gives Proper Back Support on the Way Down the Ladder
- Easy Design Makes for Quick Installation and Removal on the Job Site
- Designed to Create a Channeling System for Fresh Air Flow While on the Job
- Able to Withstand up to 250 Degrees Fahrenheit (121.1 Celsius) Before it's Compromised
- Comes in Standard Safety Orange Color for Additional Safety Measures
- Only Takes 3 Inches of Hole Space for Comfort In and Out of the Work Area
Air Systems Saddle Vent Specifications
- Manufacturer: Air Systems
- Length: 43.5 Inches
- Width: 14.5 Inches
- Depth: Three Inches
- Top Opening: 8" O.D
- Bottom Opening: 8" O.D.
- Material: Polyethylene
- Color: Safety Orange
- Application: Non-Hazardous
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Air Systems
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!