Other Tegaderm product(s)
3M Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressing has an all-in-one design to protect the skin, promote healing and prevent infection of open sores and wounds. Studies have proven that a moist wound environment is best for healing of wounds.Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressing will cover wounds of all sizes and locations with multiple shapes to choose from such as oval, square, thin and sacral dressing options. It offers a protecting, healing environment for ulcers, skin grafts, lacerations, burns, abrasions, minor operation incisions, open skin from bug bites and so much more.
The moisture release inner layer adds to the softening effect that promotes healing. This layer also absorbs drainage wounds with a higher absorbency rate than other hydrocolloid dressings. The outer film layer of Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressing is breathable to balance out the oxygen with the moisture barrier needed for rapid healing. Thin border edges prevents lifting to keep the dressing in place. The dressing is flexible, comfortable and durable, making Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressings very cost effective. Bandages can protect the wound for up to a week. The waterproof outer layer allows users to function normally with bathing or showering. This important outer layer also protects the wound from bacteria and the spread of MRSA.
Available Dressing Shapes
- Oval Hydrocolloid Dressing- is for elbows, knees and joint area wounds.
- Thin Hydrocolloid Dressing - is for light wound exudation.
- Sacral Hydrocolloid Dressing - is for protecting and treating sacral wounds.
- Square Hydrocolloid Dressing - is for legs and donor site wounds.
3M Hydrocolloid Dressing Features & Benefits
- Water resistant film border adheres firmly.
- Adheres to skin in the presence of moisture.
- Outer barrier film protects the wound from contaminants, body fluids, bacteria and viruses.
- Ideal for low to moderate draining wounds.
- Variety of dressing shapes and sizes to meet specific needs.
- 7 day wear time provides undisturbed moist wound environment and promotes healing.
- Adhesive dressing works in presence of incontinence.
- Lower cost due to longer wear time between changing dressing.
- Convenient one hand application.
- Dressing ensures an optimal moist wound healing environment which has been shown to enhance healing.
- High absorbency.
You may also see all of Vitality Medical's Hydrocolloid Dressings if you haven't found what you need here.
3M™ Tegaderm™ Hydrocolloid Dressing Application and Removal (2:46 Minutes)
For dressing application you'll prepare your wound bed and protect your periwound tissue per your facility protocol. You will select the dressing size to allow one inch or 2.5 centimeters of overlap on to the intact skin. You will remove the liner from the back of the dressing by lifting and pulling one of the square ends marked number one to expose the adhesive surface. Center and gently press the adhesive side of the dressing to the wound site smoothing the film edges. Remove the delivery film by lifting one of the center tabs marked number two pulling towards one edge and smoothing the dressing to the edge and then repeat this for the other side. In a downward direction, gently pull on the perforated tabbed edge. This dressing may remain in place for seven days. Change if it begins to leak or if the edges bunch. I will now go on to demonstrate the dressing removal. You will carefully lift the dressing edge of the film border while pressing down on the skin. Continue to lift the edge until all are free from the skin surface. If there is a difficulty lifting the film border, you may apply a piece of tape to the edge and use that to assist you to lift your edge. Continue to remove the film border and then carefully remove the dressing folding it over itself pulling in the direction of the hair growth.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer 3M Sub Brand Tegaderm
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
Bandage adheres well, stays on in shower and is transparent so you can monitor the wound.
I would love to find some smaller bandages to use on smaller wounds.