Customers Also Bought
3M Red Dot Electrodes Overview
3M Red Dot ECG Electrodes are a leading brand in cardiac monitoring with specialty electrodes to meet the unique monitoring needs of patients. The 3M brand standardizes electrodes for a variety of uses based on the electrode's backing material and adhesive to ensure quality and consistent ECG traces. With proper skin preparation, the 3M Red Dot ECG Monitoring Electrodes are recommended for short- or long-term use and can remain in place for three to five days, depending on the electrode and the patient's skin.
Available Electrode Types
Foam-Tape Backing (2560, 2570)
The foam-tape backing with its proprietary sticky gel creates a high-foam performance electrode that can be worn for up to five days. The foam is a diaphoretic, or fluid-resistant, for patients who sweat. The sticky gel holds instantly and has high-performance conductivity. For these reasons, it is highly utilized. The 3M 2570 differs from the 3M 2560 electrode in that it has a radiolucent stud allowing it to remain in place for x-rays and the built-in blue abrader pad is on the back to prepare the site for improved adhesion.
- Especially Suited for Operating and Emergency Rooms, Catheter Lab, ICU, and Paramedics
- ECG Monitoring
- Applications Requiring High Adhesion
Soft Cloth Backing (2231)
3M 2231 Red Dot ECG Electrode is designed with a soft cloth backing that releases perspiration for normal and diaphoretic skin to ensure trace quality in moist conditions. The adhesive is a solid gel with low chloride to minimize skin irritation. It can remain in place for up to three days.
- General ECG Monitoring, Primarily with Diaphoretic, Skin Moisture Issues
- ECG Monitoring
- ICU/CCU, Stress, Cardiac, Telemetry, and Holter Monitoring
Non-Woven Backing (2660-3)
3M 2660-3 Red Dot ECG Electrode is a repositional electrode that's cloth-like and fluid-resistant without it being cloth. Its nonwoven backing and sticky gel allow for moving and relocating the electrode if necessary while keeping the lower impedance quality. It's also designed with a radiolucent snap so it can be safely worn during an x-ray and remain in place for three days.
- Operating and Emergency Rooms
- Cardiology - ICU, CCU, Cath Lab, Echo, Stress, Holter, Telemetry
Micropore Paper Tape Backing (2248-50)
The 3M 2248-50 Red Dot ECG Electrode is a pediatric monitoring electrode. The fleece backing with Micropore Paper Tape increases patient comfort since it's flexible and breathable. A solid gel with low chloride is another way it reduces skin irritation for pediatric patients and will hold up to wearing up to three days.
- Pediatric Units
- Pediatric PICU
- Stepdown and Observation
Semi-Stiff Resting Tab (2360)
The 3M 2360 EKG Resting Tab is for a short term critical diagnostic application. Its extra-large tab-style design creates easy application and removal. It also features the most aggressive pressure-sensitive conductive adhesive to ensure contact with the skin to achieve high-quality trace pickup. The semi-stiff backing also minimizes electrode lift. It's radiolucent for patients needing radiological imaging.
- 12-Lead EKG Resting Diagnostic Testing
How Are 3M Red Dot Electrodes Removed?
- Clean the skin site with soap and water.
- If necessary, abrade the skin if there is excessive hair.
- Apply the electrode and firmly rub the finger around the outside of the label to activate the adhesive.
- Loosen one side by grasping the full width of the electrode and then gently pulling back in the direction of the hair growth.
- Keep the electrode close to the skin surface as possible while lifting and supporting the skin by placing another finger adjacent to that region.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long do ECG electrodes last?
Red Dot 3M Electrodes come with a SureSeal Cap to ensure product freshness for 30 days outside the bag and up to 60 days if the bag is double folded.
How often should electrodes be replaced?
The electrodes are designed to be left in place for three days as long as the skin doesn't show signs of breakdown.
Why is skin abrading recommended before attaching the electrodes?
Skin abrading prepares the skin to ensure the best adhesion and and high-quality trace readings.
Features and Benefits
- Trusted Brand of Electrodes
- Provides Standardization of Care
- Can Remain in Place for Three Days
- Easy To Apply and Remove
- Provides Consistent, High-Quality ECG Traces
- Manufacturer: 3M
- Brand: Red Dot
- Product Numbers: 2231, 2248-50, 2360, 2560, 2570, 2660-3
- Wear-Time: 3 Days, 5 Days (2560, 2570)
- User: Adult, Pediatric
- X-Ray Compatibility: Radiolucent/Nonradiolucent
- Latex-Free Indicator: Not Made With Natural Rubber Latex
- Application: ECG Electrodes
Manuals and Documents
- Application Guide
- Repositional FAQ Sheet
- Trace Quality Document
- Electrode Guide
- Full Line Electrode Brochure
- Red Dot Brochure
Red Dot Electrodes Application Video (4:28 minutes)
- Additional Information