Customers Also Bought
3M Micropore Tape is a latex-free, hypoallergenic paper tape that is ideal for frequent dressing changes. Once the Micropore Surgical Tape is removed, minimal adhesion is left behind, which reduces the potential for irritation. This 3M microporous tape is porous for breathability and improved healing. 3M Micropore Tape is available in white or tan. 3M Micropore Paper Tape is useful in both hospital and home settings. As a surgical tape it is useful for securing wound bandages that require frequent changing. For home use, Micropore medical tape is a medical paper tape that is hypoallergenic; thereby, accommodating sensitive individuals. It serves well as a home wound care bandage.
3M Micropore Tape offer physicians, caregivers and patients several advantages. This 3M surgical tape is lightweight and breathable to promote healing. It serves as an excellent adhesive for bandaging wounds and fixing wound dressings. The adhesive leaves little or no residue, making frequent bandage changing easier and more comfortable for the patient. Micropore is a hypoallergenic tape.
- Affixing Dressings of Medium Size or Smaller Specifically to Moist Skin
- Attaching Thin or Small Tubing to Skin
- Adhering Bags for Ostomy
- Securing Items to Delicate, In-Danger Skin When Recurring Taping is Required
Many People Ask, "Is 3M Micropore Tape Latex-Free?"
The answer is 'Yes", so you can be sure that you will not experience any latex allergies.
Applying on Dry Skin
- Clean the Skin
- Unroll Tape, Being Careful to Not Touch Adhesive Side as Much as Possible
- Cut Tape to Desired Length
- Do Not Grip Tape with Too Much Force
- Lay Tape Over Desired Area without Stretching the Tape
- Gently Run a Finger Over the Tape Several Times to Ensure Good Adhesion
Applying on Damp Skin
- Clean the Skin
- Unroll Tape and Cut to Length, Avoiding Touching the Adhesive as Much as Possible
- Hold Tape Gently
- Lay Tape Over Desired Area - Do Not Put Tension on Tape
- You May Desire to Run a Finger Once Lightly Over the Tape
How to Remove 3M Micropore Tape
- Gently Pry One Corner of the Tape Up by Pressing a Small Piece of Tape onto the Corner and then Pulling Up
- Pull the Tape Back Over Itself in the Direction of the Hair to Avoid Excessive Pressure on Delicate Skin
- For Particularly Sticky Tape You May Use a Small Amount of Moisturizer or Adhesive Remover Like Brava Adhesive Remover Spray and Wipes
- Glide the Moisture Over the Exposed Adhesive Edge of the Tape. Pull Up Slowly, Working the Moisturizer Down the Tape as it Comes Up
FAQ About 3M Micropore Medical Tape
- Q: What is Micropore Tape?
- A: It is a Lightweight, Breathable Paper Tape Built for Medical Applications Like Affixing Wound Dressings and Tubes onto Skin
- Q: How Do I Use Micropore on Wounds?
- A: Choose a Dressing Large Enough to Cover the Wound (You May Wish to Use This Non-Adherent Impregnated Petrolatum Gauze Dressing from Derma Sciences.). Place the Dressing on the Wound. Cut or Tear Four Strips of Medipore Tape to About One Inch Longer Than the Dressing. Place One Strip Along Each Edge of the Dressing so That One-Half Inch Extends Beyond the Dressing On Each Side. Tape All Four Edges in This Same Way. Rub Each Strip With Your Fingers, Starting at the Center and Moving Toward the Ends.
- Q: Can Micropore Tape Get Wet?
- A: Yes - for a Brief Period of Time, Like Showering. Make Sure You Dry it Out as Soon as Possible. Use Caution to Not Get Burned.
- Q: How Long Should I Use 3M Micropore Tape Surgical Tape?
- A: Leave it On as Long as is Needed Until Your Wound Heals or Until it Begins to Loosen (Usually 2 - 3 Weeks). Change the Tape at That Point, if Needed.
- Q: Does The 3M Tape Block Microbes
- A: This Tape Does Not Block Microbes. Instead, The Pores Are Too Small to See with the Naked Eye
- Q: What Are Micropore Tape Uses?
- A: Affixing Dressings to Light to Moderate Wounds, Keeping Small Feeding and Stoma Tubing in Place, Creating Temporary Splints - for Best Results Lightly Dampen Skin Before Applying.
Product Features and Benefits
- Hypoallergenic Tape
- Wound Care Tape
- Surgical Adhesive Tape
- Medical Paper Tape
- Gentle Adhesion
- Highly Breathable
- Comfortable Against the Skin
- Leaves Minimal Adhesive Residue
- Ideal for General Wound Purpose
- Designed to Secure Small to Medium Dressings
- Easily Secures Lightweight Tubing
- Great for Securing Ostomy Appliances
- Designed for Repeated Wound Taping
- Manufacturer: 3M
- Brand: Micropore
- Product Numbers: 1530-0, 1530-1, 1530-2, 1530-3, 1533-0, 1533-1, 1533-2, 1535-0, 1535-1, 1535-2, 1535-3
- Color: Beige, White, Nude
- Condition: Dressing and Device Securement, I.V. Related
- Hypoallergenic: Yes
- Latex Free: Yes
- IV Related Condition Type: CVC Dialysis, CVC Implanted Port, CVC Tunneled, PIV
- Department Use: Operating Room-Surgery, Radiology, Wound Care, Urgent Care, Oncology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, I.V. Therapy, Cardiovascular, Dialysis Center, Critical, Intensive Care Unit, Medical-Surgical, and Labor & Delivery
- Sizes: 1/2 Inch x 10 Yards, 1 Inch x 10 Yards, 2 Inch x 10 Yards, 3 Inch x 10 Yards
- Dispensing Type: With, Without
- Product Type: Medical Tape, Surgical Tape
- Units per Pack: 6, 12, 24
3M Micropore Video - Application Basics (2:12 minutes)
3M Micropore Video - Tapes Optimization (2:10 minutes)
3M Micropore Video - Removal Techniques (3:01 minutes)
Manuals and Documents
- Article Information Sheet contains product information sheet
- HCPCS Coding contains product hcpcs codes
- Product Brochure contains product brochure
- Product Selection Guide contains product selection information
- Product Adhesion Chart contains product adhesion chart
- Choosing Product Guide contains product information
- Product Q&A contains product questions and answers
- 3M Tape Profiles contains tape profiles
- Additional Information