For greater stretch and conform-ability with a non-irritating self-adhesive, Hypafix Dressing Retention Tape, protects as a secondary dressing and so much more. Hypafix Dressing Retention Sheets come in a variety of widths to be cut to the length needed. Hypafix provides freedom of movement allowing for comfort and versatility of use with wound dressing. Its wider widths accommodate larger wound sizes from burns, dermabrasion treatment areas, covering sacral pressure sores and retaining post-operative wound dressings, gauze and absorbent pads. The Hypafix tape is also commonly used to secure post-operative catheters, tubes and drainage lines. Its flexible construction is very helpful in protecting insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring systems for individuals with diabetes. It's ideal for covering hard-to-reach areas. It provides complete coverage and allows joints to be dressed without constraining movement. These traits make Hypafix Sheets valuable to athletes nursing a wound or covering up blisters.
The Hypafix Dressing Retention Sheet is water resistant with hypoallergenic adhesive that acts as an excellent secondary retention of gauze, foam and gel, doubling the amount of protection to the wound. This keeps out bacteria and other harmful microbes. The materials are permeable and therefore offer a moist wound environment that's ideal for quicker wound healing. This permeability allows athletes to comfortably wear Hypafix Dressing Retention Tape and insures that perspiration won't cause irritation and compromise the adhesive. Hypafix Dressing Retention Tape is water resistant and holds well in the shower.
Hypafix is radio-transparent and therefore can remain on skin surface for x-rays or radiotherapy and have no disruption to healing of wound.
This product is great to keep on hand in emergency preparedness kits, when camping or participating in outdoor activities.
Affixing Hypafix Dressing Retention Tape is very easy. First start with clean and dry skin. Select the amount needed and cut with scissors using the grid-lines guideline on backside. Hypafix has a release paper section for easier removal of the backing. It is reusable and will allow user to pull the adhesive up and re-affix and therefore less likely to curl when pulled on and off. The adhesive side sticks securely but can be easily removed without major pain or discomfort.
Features and Benefits:
- Wide Range of Width Sizes
- Easy to Use Self-Adhesive with Release Paper Backing
- Easy to Remove with Backing's Split Liner
- Gridlines for Cutting Guideline
- Combines Security with Comfort
- Conforms with the Contour of Body
- Provides Fixation for Catheters and Drainage Tubes
- Water Resistant
- Non-Irritating Adhesive
- Acts as a Secondary Gauze
- Flexibility: Allows Joints to Move Freely
- Promotes Healing with Moist Wound Environment
- Secondary Gauze: Doubles Amount of Protection
- Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew
- Length: Ranges from 2 - 10 Yards
- Width: Range of 2 - 6 Inches
- Material: Non-Woven Polyester with Hypoallergenic Acrylic Adhesive
- Product Numbers: 4209, 4210, 4211, 4215, 4216, 4217
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smith & Nephew
- Community Q&A